300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a routine

Hey guys, I am starting to really get into weight lifting, the only problem is that with the finances being so tight the only weights i have to lift are a few odd dumbells, and a crossbow (bowflex knock-off) that my dad gave me. Can someone help me figure out some kind of routine, as far as how many days to lift and what muscles to work on those days??
    Thanks for the help
    “Fear not the night.

Fear that which walks the night.

And I am that which walks the night.

But only evil need fear me…

and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…

because I walk the night.”

I am by no means an expert. I'm not going to give you a routine you should do with certain reps, weights ect. I've been into weight Training most of my life startting when i was about 15 though as i climb in years I find I don't train as intensely as I used to, and from my experience, you can go to 50 different gyms where you will find 50 different guys/gals doing 50 different routines.
    What I will put put my 2 cents worth in about is overtraining. Especially people who are new to working out will try to kill themselves by lifting to much weight to often. I will tell you what I do briefly that works for me. I lift one day, cardio the next day. 2 Muscle Groups a day when I lift. I always take a complete rest day where I do nothing. Its going to depend on what your personal goals are. Me, I just like to keep my strenght up and stay somewhat toned. If you want to grow huge giant muscles, the plan I do won't get you there. You dont need much equipment. Those crossbows are decent enough for resistance training and toning. You would be suprised at what you can do with a few dumbells, you can work every muscle group in your body with them, even with light weight. My first set of weight equipment was an old wooden picnic table i modified into a bench, an Iron bar and about 100 pounds of the old plastic covered concrete weights. You can work out with anything and in fact using your own body weight is a very effective way to build muscle. Push-up, Pull-ups, Dips, Tri-dips,.
    Well now I'm bloviating. I would recommend just playing around with it, find out what works for you, if you feel like you had a good work out, chances are you did.
    "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

in my opinion the best strength building programs are going require you to have an olympic barbell and @300 lbs at a minimum....

something is better than nothing, so have at it w/ that machine but if you want to get serious find a way into a decent gym

Comment

You have all you need. Its about resistance no matter if its with barbells, dumbbells, bands, bowflex, etc.

We need to know your exact goals...

also, you can start by spending time in the library researching nurition and fitness since they both go hand in hand. Websites also help like:

t-nation.com
        elitefts.com
        Google (for specifics on workouts)
        Youtube (to show you how to do it)
        Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
        Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FjSCPR2SjY
          We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

Great strength and control.
            Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
            Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Order the book 'Never Gymless' by Ross Enamait at rosstraining.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer4 View Post
                Order the book 'Never Gymless' by Ross Enamait at rosstraining.com.
                ^^ good advice.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2285 users online. 149 members and 2136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X