300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee problem

I injured my right knee in high school, over training for cross country without proper orthotic soles (I didn't find out until after I injured it that that was the problem). At first it was diagnosed as tendinitis, but it has refused to completely go away, creeping up from time to time (It's aggravated right now, which is why I'm bringing it up) so I'm pretty sure that's not it. It is usually a sharp pain just above my knee that shoots through my leg whenever I put weight on it and push off (like for a jump or starting a sprint). Afterward, a lot of times, it gets warm to the touch and it throbs, but not always. I've tried knee braces, but they only help a little tiny bit.

I'm worried since I'm trying to get hired and I don't want it to hamper me in an academy. It doesn't completely cripple me, but its annoying as hell and if I hit it just right (as I often inadvertently do), it causes a REALLY bad shooting pain.

Anyone have anything like this? What does it sound like and what did you do?
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

got health insurance? orthopedist

Comment

i had something a couple years ago that had all the signs of a torn meniscus (some shooting pain, aching, problems going up stairs, etc). ortho thought it was for sure until the MRI came back and he couldnt see a tear. had a second opinion and they said it sure seemed like one but only way to know for sure was surgery. tried cortizone shot and it never helped much. kept putting surgery off and never had it. when i started running and lifting last summer to get ready for physical tests it started bothering me. i started taking fish oil, 6 capsules a day. its supposed to help joints among other things. my knee never bothers me at all anymore.
      Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Go see a doctor. Fish oil, MSM (anti-inflammatory[natural]), Glucosamine chondroitin/sulfate and other good fats such as olive oil, flax seed oil, nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc), salmon (oil), etc. are great for your joints. Also, what could be affecting you is the type of shoes you are wearing. Those expensive odd looking shoes with the gel support and this and that are the cause of a lot of injuries to date. The most effective and comforting/natural way to run is barefoot. Of course you're not going to run barefoot. So instead find a shoe that resembles that. I use Nike Frees, others use less expensive shoes that do not come with all those added features. To each his own. But definitely see a doctor.

Oh and if you didnt give yourself time to rest I suggest you do. When I had my leg injury (right below the knee) I took 2 weeks off from working out. I said to myself, Id rather be out 2 weeks then injure myself more and be out a year. Again...see a doctor.
        Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
        Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Got an appointment on the 20th!
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Great! Keep us updated.
            Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
            Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

knee problems suck, will they let you wear a brace????
              "I am the master of my Fate:
              I am the Captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3507 users online. 247 members and 3260 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X