300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearms

One of the only things visible on my body when I am wearing my uniform are my forearms. I have shapely forearms but I think it looks intimidating when a guy has a big forearm with some veins sticking out. It is the one part of you that the bad guy can look at and start to judge whether he wants to resist...

I do regular bicep curls and have a handheld sqeeze thing that I do.

Anyone have any exercises or suggestions about how to really pump up the forearms? I want to be Popeye...
    Retired 02/01/13

Farmer's Walk.

Get two heavy dumbbells, hold them at your side, walk until you feel like they will slip out of your hands, set them down, rest 60-90 seconds and repeat for 3-5 sets.

Comment

The best exercise for your arms is doing wrist rolls. Take piece of pipe, drill a hole in the middle and attach a piece of string that is about as long as your shoulder to your ankle. (The weight goes at the bottom of the string, you can buy small hooks to secure the weight)

To operate simply extend your arms, while keeping them level. Then, roll your wrists. When the weight gets to the top, roll the weight down. This is what baseball players use for their forearms.

They also sell pre-made ones at wal-mart/any sports store.
      Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

Grippers, farmer's walk, and never use straps unless there is no way you can hold the bar without them. And never wear gloves. Only women and those who want to be women but can't afford the operation wear gloves in the gym.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

sledge hammer levering........

instead of just 'looking' strong, why not actually GET strong. start deadlifting and squatting (after you learn proper form). your forearms will grow along w/ the rest of your body.

Comment

wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, farmers walk, and reverse bicep curls.

You can find videos of all 4 via Google. Do the workout 2x a week. I'd aim for 6-8 sets each workout.

Comment

Farmer's walk and deadlifts.

Ps...you want to intimidate perps...get yourself a big *** yolk. Nothing says "I'm going to stomp your head in if you try it" more than a thick neck. Cauliflower ears help too.
              http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

Big ol' traps that stick up are more impressive than forearms ... if you truly have a physique that shows your hard work, the bad guy will see it throughout your uniform...

If you don't have the genetics to build popeye forearms, no matter what you do, you won't get the development you're looking for. sure you can develop them....just maybe not as much as you want to....stretch the fascia, do high high reps, and see what happens.
                Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                  If you don't have the genetics to build popeye forearms, no matter what you do, you won't get the development you're looking for. sure you can develop them....just maybe not as much as you want to.
                  That's me.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                    Big ol' traps that stick up are more impressive than forearms ... , the bad guy will see it throughout your uniform...

Exactly. A thick yolk.
                    http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

Compound lifts: deadlifts, squats, pull ups, cleans, snatches, etc.
                      Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                      Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Oh, tire flips are great too.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWQIcIykX8

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
                            Spinach ......canned.
                            the low sodium kind?

Comment

Thanks guys, great ideas here...
                              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2136 users online. 124 members and 2012 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X