300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - SWAT Tryouts

Hello - I am looking for help on getting myself prepared for upcoming SWAT tryouts for my department. I tried out last year and did ok on the physical portion of the tryouts but am looking to improve so I can rank #1 after the physical portion this year. Here are the minimums and maximums for the physical portion

Push Ups - 40 min 80 max
    sit ups - 47 min 87 max
    1 miles run 8:30 min 6:30 max

These minimums and maximums are based on age. We have 2 min to complete the sit ups and push ups and can stop during them for a quick break but once the clock hits 2 minutes you are done.
    Last year I had 47 push ups 73 sit ups and 7:35 mile looking to improve all 3

I kind of let my fitness go over the last year....However SWAT is something I truely want to be a part of and am willing to work my butt off to get onto the team! Any suggestions please let me know! THANKS

Originally posted by kcop View Post
    I kind of let my fitness go over the last year....
    However SWAT is something I truely want to be a part of and am willing to work my butt off to get onto the team! Any suggestions please let me know! THANKS

I'm not trying to be a *ick. But if you wanted it so bad why did you let yourself go over the past year?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

was not expecting any openings however one of our guys died in a motorcycle crash and nother had some issues and was let go.....and then all of a sudden 2 other people resinged....so now i am kicking myself in the butt and looking for some help

Comment

i'm in a similar position, w/ upcoming DT instructor school

i didn't 'let myself go', but i gained considerable weight while bulking up to gain strength. mix that w/ ZERO cardio to keep a caloric excess, and that leaves me with having a lot of running to do to get my time back down.

I also still need to increase my 1 rep bench max while dropping bodyweight and fixing my run.

I'll get there, its just hard to get stronger while in a caloric deficit.

good luck on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by OperatorEX

For the mile, I recommend a lot of interval training.
          agree.
          You know what the test consists of. Youve been through tryouts once, you know what it takes. Good Luck!

Comment

I recommend checking rosstraining.com and getting his book "Infinite Intensity." It is great. He changed my entire workout philosophy. I used to gear my workouts towards the body building style but not anymore.

Train like a fighter so when you have to fight you will most likely have an advantage.

Everything will fall into place as far as the run, pushes, and sits go.

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE WHO IS REPLYING! ALL GREAT INFO!

I want to rephrase one thing from my original post though - I did not let myself totally go as far as fitness after last years test....however i am not in the best shape i think I can be in. I weigh 165 lbs and I'm 6'-02" so Im not a fatty like it seems some are implying. I am just looking for good solid ideas as to how to increase my requirements and or become overall more physically fit!

Thanks again for the POSTS KEEP THEM COMING!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2420 users online. 157 members and 2263 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X