Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you stay at the gym and workout?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you stay at the gym and workout?

For me 30 to 40 mins of lifting. There no way I can stay in the gym for a hour or two hours.

I remember reading somewhere that you have enough glycogen to basically supplement at 45 minute workout, and that after that you're really not doing much. That being said I usually spend 10-20 minutes in the gym, and then go outside to the track. So 1-2 hours if you count cardio.
    "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Comment

I try to finish in one hour, but sometimes I go over by 15 or 20 minutes. I've heard the same thing lawless said, but I've always heard an hour.
      http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

45-60 minutes in the gym, then another 30-45 running asphalt.

Comment

If you're in the gym for over 75 minutes, your *****footin' around. Shut your mouth, pickup the iron, get it done and get out.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Right around an hour. I shoot for that, but sometimes the crowds dictate otherwise.
            Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

My gym day consists of a 10 min bike warm up, 30ish minutes of weights, then an hour cardio class.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                If you're in the gym for over 75 minutes, your *****footin' around. Shut your mouth, pickup the iron, get it done and get out.
                YES. squat one day, deadlift the next and fit the rest of the bullshiiiit in there somewhere

Comment

45 minutes of weight training 3-4 times a week and running 5 days a week. I do the weights on duty at the jail and run when I get off shift at 0630.

Comment

I am not sure about the science behind it but if you do not have enough carbs before and after the workout to fuel yourself going more than an hour will overtrain you.

I try to stick to about an hour and 15 minutes with a good shake before and after... Although it all depends on what your individual goal is for the gym. For size keep it shorter.

Comment

I stay from 1 to 2 hours, if I'm really feeling it I will stay 3 hours.

1st hour weights
                      2nd hour cardio
                      3rd core training

If I stay 2 hours I combine cardio and core training into the 2nd hour.

P.S.

I workout alone. I used to workout with a few guys, but they liked to talk a lot which killed my workouts. I put my mp3 player on and start to get nasty!!!
                      Exam 8322
                      List# 5XX
                      Medical: Passed
                      Written: Passed
                      Oral: Passed
                      Meet with BI: Done
                      JST: Passed
                      1st Mini-Med: Passed
                      2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

5 minute warm up, 45 minute training (for one major body part and two small ones), 5 minute cool down, and 5 minutes of stretching so about an hour.

20 minutes later I start my PWO shake at work.

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
                          I stay from 1 to 2 hours, if I'm really feeling it I will stay 3 hours.

1st hour weights
                          2nd hour cardio
                          3rd core training

If I stay 2 hours I combine cardio and core training into the 2nd hour.
                          I'd hate to see the cortisol in your blood!!! lol

Comment

About an hour...3 times a week.

Comment

Half-hour to an hour & fifteen minutes, depending upon the day.
                              The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2195 users online. 140 members and 2055 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X