Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just worked out, what to eat?

Hi,

I'm going to the academy in June, I just ran, lifted, sit ups, ect for the last 2 hours, what should I eat now? I would just like to hear what you all do.

Thanks

Tuna is cheap and easy, also chicken.

Comment

After a workout I take a shake consisting of a scoop of whey protein, a banana, a teaspoon of peanut butter (almond butter would be better), a dash of cinnamon, a few ice cubes, and water.

If you don't have protein powder, Try some scrambled eggs and fruit.
      Waiting for "The Date"

Comment

Protein shake and cereal.

Comment

A salad and something with lots of protein... like tuna, chicken, fish, etc.

Comment

a meal consisting of carbs AND protein........immediately after i lift i usually drink a whey protein shake (two scoops) with water and then within 45 min to an hour i try to eat something with complex carbs and protein...about 20g of each

its hard to answer your question without your stats and goals

Comment

The most important meal in regards to building muscle is the post workout shake. The shake should consist of at least 80 grams of carbs and between 40 and 60 grams of protein. It is the 'window' about an hour or so after the workout that the body should be fed and will readily absorb nutrients after the workout. Once the shake is consumed, a meal approximately one hour later should be consumed consisting of protein and carbs. Growth does not happen in the gym, it happens outside of it, and proper nutrition after the workout is essential. Oh and never forget the fats, good essential fats are very important.
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I also make a protien shake right after my workout and have a meal about an hour later. The post workout meal is a good time to take a multivitamin also because your body will absorb it better at that time. Lean meats and complex carbs are the way to go.

Comment

I see a lot of you guys suggesting carbs. Do you still suggest carbs for someone working out to lose a few lbs on the stomach? My workout is messed up because I have 2 goals, bulking up my chest/arms but losing some weight on my stomach.

Comment

If a shake isn't convenient/practical right after a workout, how do you guys feel about protein bars?

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                      The most important meal in regards to building muscle is the post workout shake. The shake should consist of at least 80 grams of carbs and between 40 and 60 grams of protein. It is the 'window' about an hour or so after the workout that the body should be fed and will readily absorb nutrients after the workout. Once the shake is consumed, a meal approximately one hour later should be consumed consisting of protein and carbs. Growth does not happen in the gym, it happens outside of it, and proper nutrition after the workout is essential. Oh and never forget the fats, good essential fats are very important.
                      i think 60 is overkill, i've read studies that the average person (not a bodybuilder) cannot absorb more than 45g of protein at a time? this is why i take a shake with two scoops of protein (48g) and then an hour later eat some eggs or egg whites

Comment

Originally posted by MT2658 View Post
                        I see a lot of you guys suggesting carbs. Do you still suggest carbs for someone working out to lose a few lbs on the stomach? My workout is messed up because I have 2 goals, bulking up my chest/arms but losing some weight on my stomach.
                        just keep in mind that you cannot spot reduce.....and yes, even if you are losing weight you should still eat carbs....the trick to losing weight is obviously burning more calories in a day than you eat...

Comment

My post workout "meal" is generally a protein shake using a Whey Isolate mixed with a large quantity of milk (one of those larger single serving milk boxes) and a multivitamin. I then usually eat whatever is on hand, or whatever I'm craving. Then I usually take a nap, because I always get sleepy after I eat.
                          "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Comment

Originally posted by maddbomber View Post
                            i think 60 is overkill, i've read studies that the average person (not a bodybuilder) cannot absorb more than 45g of protein at a time? this is why i take a shake with two scoops of protein (48g) and then an hour later eat some eggs or egg whites
                            That would depend, in my opinion, on just how efficient your body has become at utilizing protein. The more frequent you feed, the larger your muscles are, the more fuel needed ...the more your body will take.... especially AFTER a workout.
                            Last edited by JSD73; 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM.
                            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Milk, peanut butter, etc are horrible after a workout...

Stick to whey, a special mix of dextrose and maltodextrin and salt. Read this: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/laywindownon.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2178 users online. 135 members and 2043 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X