300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout routine for NCSHP

Wondering if you guys could help me out? What's a good course for eating everyday? Like what types of foods, etc.?

Also what types of fitness stuff should I be doing and how much a day, etc.?

Any help would be a appreciated. I am leaving maybe around August so for I have heard to do my Physical part of the application.. So I need to be in the best of shape I can be.

Originally posted by willbri View Post
    Wondering if you guys could help me out? What's a good course for eating everyday? Like what types of foods, etc.?

Also what types of fitness stuff should I be doing and how much a day, etc.?

Any help would be a appreciated. I am leaving maybe around August so for I have heard to do my Physical part of the application.. So I need to be in the best of shape I can be.
    We cannot give out adivce if we don't know anything about you. Age/Sex/Height/Weight/Current Fitness Routine/What you currently eat in a day, etc.....etc......

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

http://www.crossfitendurance.com

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
        We cannot give out adivce if we don't know anything about you. Age/Sex/Height/Weight/Current Fitness Routine/What you currently eat in a day, etc.....etc......
        Sex: Male
        Height: 5'11"
        Weight: 155 lbs
        Current Fitness Routine: push-ups throughout the day, sit-ups, run 1.5 miles 3 times a week if possible...sometimes only 2.
        Currently eat in a day: Coffee in the morning, water the rest of the day but occasionally gatorade or cranberry juice, try to mainly eat salads, chicken, tuna, steak, potatoes, brocolli, etc.

Comment

Sex: Male
          Height: 5'11"
          Weight: 155 lbs
          Current Fitness Routine: push-ups throughout the day, sit-ups, run 1.5 miles 3 times a week if possible...sometimes only 2.
          Currently eat in a day: Coffee in the morning, water the rest of the day but occasionally gatorade or cranberry juice, try to mainly eat salads, chicken, tuna, steak, potatoes, brocolli, etc.
          Things dint look to bad but your pretty damn skinny aren't you? I'm 5'11" too around 180.

Push-Ups and sit-ups throughout the day are a good thing to do but I would get on a more organized program. First what is NCSHP? Is it North Carolina State Highway Patrol?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

NCSHP is North Carolina State Highway Patrol..

And what do you mean by I need to be on a more organized program?

Comment

And what do you mean by I need to be on a more organized program?
              Your only doing push-ups and sit-ups through out the day and running a few times a week. It's not organized, its sporadic. You're only doing body weight exercises.

If your focus is to only be able to do a lot push-ups and a lot sit-ups then by all means continue what your doing. But what are your goals? Are you just focused on calisthenics?

Do you want to get bigger? Is strength a top priority? Do you just want to be able to run? In your current routine when do you anything that requires lifting more or moving more than just your body weight?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Things dint look to bad but your pretty damn skinny aren't you? I'm 5'11" too around 180.

Push-Ups and sit-ups throughout the day are a good thing to do but I would get on a more organized program. First what is NCSHP? Is it North Carolina State Highway Patrol?
                Dang DJ, still dropping the weight/fat huh?
                Im a lot heavier than you now! ( embarassed again at you kicking my arse).
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Your only doing push-ups and sit-ups through out the day and running a few times a week. It's not organized, its sporadic. You're only doing body weight exercises.

If your focus is to only be able to do a lot push-ups and a lot sit-ups then by all means continue what your doing. But what are your goals? Are you just focused on calisthenics?

Do you want to get bigger? Is strength a top priority? Do you just want to be able to run? In your current routine when do you anything that requires lifting more or moving more than just your body weight?
                  willbri: ^^ this is what you should be asking yourself prior to starting any workout program. WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                    Dang DJ, still dropping the weight/fat huh?
                    Im a lot heavier than you now! ( embarassed again at you kicking my arse).
                    Yes sir. I'm trying to get down to 175, just to say I did it. I'm going to stay at that weight for the next six months, then I might do a cycle on SS. The last five pounds are a mother trucker to get off........

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I did what you're doing right now before I went through Patrol School. Guess what? It kicked my butt when I got there. No matter what you do, it's not going to be enough to prepare you mentally for what's going to happen. However, you should be getting up super early EVERY morning and running AT LEAST 1.5 miles, doing a few sets up situps and pushups. Do back extensions as well, and leg lifts. I don't know what their program is now but that's what we did, every morning at 5am for 1.5 hours. Rain or not, Ice, snow or whatever, we were doing it and laying in it. Get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
                        I did what you're doing right now before I went through Patrol School. Guess what? It kicked my butt when I got there. No matter what you do, it's not going to be enough to prepare you mentally for what's going to happen. However, you should be getting up super early EVERY morning and running AT LEAST 1.5 miles, doing a few sets up situps and pushups. Do back extensions as well, and leg lifts. I don't know what their program is now but that's what we did, every morning at 5am for 1.5 hours. Rain or not, Ice, snow or whatever, we were doing it and laying in it. Get ready.
                        I have to get up every morning at 430am to get ready for work already. So I am use to getting up early already. It would be hard to get up any earlier and do a big workout routine...so I try and come home and workout after work. Do you think I should try and get up say 345 and go run before I head to work? I guess I am just going to have to step up my game and kick my butt until the time comes to go do my physical part of my application which is hopefully still in/around August. Any other advice you guys can give me would be really nice? I need all that I can get.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3984 users online. 192 members and 3792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X