300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Time of the Day to Workout

What time is best and when do YOU workout?

Originally posted by plr19 View Post
    What time is best and when do YOU workout?
    I workout right after school, so usually about 1-2 PM.

Comment

I dunno about the "best" time, but I usually go in the evening, anywhere from 7:30 till 10:00
      The above posted text is my opinion and thought and in no way represents the thought or opinion of my place of work.

"We are a brotherhood, we stand together, and not alone. You got my back, and I got yours."

RIP Brothers.

Comment

For me it's about 5 hours after waking up. By then I've eaten a good breakfast, hydrated, and had time for a pre-workout snack.

When I'm working, it's straight to the gym after work.
        Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

Last edited by nadler20; 02-04-2009, 02:17 AM. Reason: Damn computer
          Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

Anytime you can get in a solid, no BS, none go through the motions type of workout is the best time in my opinion. If you are not concerned about the meals you eat and how long before or after your workout then doing what I posted above is the logical answer.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I go anytime really no set schedule as long as it's 5-6 days a week I'm good. I do try an go before 7 or so though so I have time to calm down for the night.

Comment

If I am running I will do it right when I wake up in the morning, before I eat. If I am lifting, I will eat a good breakfast and lift around 10-11am

Comment

in terms of what is the "best" time, it is different for everyone.

My energy levels are highest in the early evening, so that is when I work out. I am capable of getting a decent workout in the morning, but I hate getting out of bed so early and then getting ready for work after working out.

It would probably be more beneficial for me to work out in the morning so I jumpstart my calorie burning for the day, but I am happiest when i work out at night, so that's what I do.

I say do whatever works best for you, regardless of what others say - ultimately it's your body and exercise at ANY time of day is better than none at all!

Comment

My best workouts come on my days off. Usually 8 hours or so after I wake up. I get several meals in me, take a shower or whatever so I'm totally awake and refreshed (that sounds kinda ghey). Then I drink a blue Monster, throw in some Metallica or Slipknot and get to it.

Days I work and lift on the same day suck. I wake up about 1400, eat and lift about an hour later. I don't have time to get my energy levels up where I like them to be. I just grind through the workout the best I can.
                    Be professional
                    Be polite
                    Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

Weights...an hour after I wake up and eat a good breakfast.
                      Running...a couple of hours before bed.
                      Cycling...any time it's light out.
                      http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

Anywhere from 4am to about 6am here so I can be ready for the day by 7 or 8am

Comment

I think there's no right or wrong answer to the question. The key is to work out when your personal schedule makes it best.

I used to work out over my lunch hour at the day job -- I'd run down to a nearby health club and get an hour of cardio and weights in. Then I started finding excuses not to go and my workouts suffered.

I've tried working out in the evenings, but I end up with way too much going on at nights (when I'm not working my cop job) to build any kind of regularity.

While I hate getting up early, I've found that's the only time I can regularly find the hour or so to do my workouts. I get up at 5:30 6 days a week and either run, lift weights or do yoga.

I've found a great difficulty in maintaining my workouts long term over the years. I'll go at it a while, then taper off. Before I know it, I've gone a couple of months without a good day's excercise. But I've been pretty good lately, and I chalk that up to 2 things:

1. Having a workout partner. My son and I work out together. There are many mornings when that alarm goes off and I want to reset it and go back to bed for another hour. But I know my son's going to be up and waiting for me, so I roll out of bed. Can't let the young whippersnapper show up the ol' man.

2. Having a goal to work towards. I discovered this a few of years back when I toyed with the idea of going FT LE. The department I wanted to work for required a 1.5-mile run in under 15 minutes, so that became my goal. I was able to do it in under 12 minutes. When I started missing workouts, I decided to run a 10K race each month, so I had something to look forward to. After about a year of that, the novelty wore off and my workouts started fading. Now I'm in training for a half-marathon in May, and I've been pretty religious about the workouts. And a corallary to this guideline -- if you decide to work towards taking part in some sort of public event (race, competition, weight loss goal, etc), tell as many people in your life as you can. The added pressure of public failure definitely helps motivate.

Comment

I hit the gym seven days a week, and there is no set time.

The important thing to remember is that as long as you are getting that exercise, you are doing better than 90% of the population.
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              I hit the gym seven days a week, and there is no set time.

The important thing to remember is that as long as you are getting that exercise, you are doing better than 90% of the population.
                              depending on what you're doing that may be bad. it might be beneficial to take 1 day off per week, remember you get stronger when resting not exercising

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4948 users online. 349 members and 4599 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X