300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running on a treadmill sucks!

Well it's cold as heck here in the North East and I'm trying to keep up with my running but I'm starting to hate running on a treadmill.

I could do 2 miles at the park with no problem, come inside and won't feel a bit of pain or soreness. I do 1 mile on the treadmill and my legs are ready to give out. There is so much impact..maybe too much!

Do any of you have this problem?

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
    Well it's cold as heck here in the North East and I'm trying to keep up with my running but I'm starting to hate running on a treadmill.

I could do 2 miles at the park with no problem, come inside and won't feel a bit of pain or soreness. I do 1 mile on the treadmill and my legs are ready to give out. There is so much impact..maybe too much!

Do any of you have this problem?
    I'm actually the opposite.

I feel as if I can run forever on a treadmill, but get tired after 3 miles outside. I am forced to run on a treadmill for a while due to weather conditions, so what I do to make it challenging is crank up the incline.

Comment

I don't get too tired, its just a little awkward to be honest...I prefer running at a track alot more than the treadmill, but when its snowing like crazy out I have no choice. I feel like im gonna lose my balance and go flying lol.
      The above posted text is my opinion and thought and in no way represents the thought or opinion of my place of work.

"We are a brotherhood, we stand together, and not alone. You got my back, and I got yours."

RIP Brothers.

Comment

I only use the treadmill when it's raining (No Snow), but I hate the feeling after doing 2-3 miles, getting off and feeling dizzy. Maybe it's just me, but I just stare at the wall when I run on it, get off and walk around and the world looks weird and woozy. I guess it has to do with my body getting used to seeing everything stationary while running and when I'm done and walk around it looks screwy for a few seconds.
        Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
        -Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by OverKill View Post
          I only use the treadmill when it's raining (No Snow), but I hate the feeling after doing 2-3 miles, getting off and feeling dizzy. Maybe it's just me, but I just stare at the wall when I run on it, get off and walk around and the world looks weird and woozy. I guess it has to do with my body getting used to seeing everything stationary while running and when I'm done and walk around it looks screwy for a few seconds.
          That actually happened to me today! It was snowing here in NY and I wanted to get some running in so I had no choice but to use the treadmill. After 2 miles I started slowing it down and by 2.5 miles I was basically walking. When I got off at 3 miles in, I still felt like I was going to pass out . Luckily my buddy was next to me and grabbed on to me because he could see I was a bit out of it.

Comment

It's a strange feeling right? Maybe if I watched TV or something. I don't know.
            Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
            -Matthew 5:9

Comment

I'm the opposite also. My treadmill has some decent shock absorption, so I think it makes it easier than actually running outside. The first time I ran outside after running on a treadmill for a couple months I felt like I had a 20 mph headwind.
              http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

Thats weird. You actually do less work on a treadmill then you do running. The spinning of the belt effectively limits the involvement of the glutes.
                Waiting for "The Date"

Comment

The incline button is your friend. Not going to do much as far as the dementia, but in my opinion it helps compensate for not running outside.

Also my treadmills have TVs on 'em.
                  This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

Or just do more of a HIIT setup, where you job for 2 minutes, sprint for 1, jog for 3, sprint for 1, and so on. You'll burn more fat that way also.

Comment

Originally posted by OverKill View Post
                      I know exactly what you mean. Having a TV there doesn't help that either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5789 users online. 403 members and 5386 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X