300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNC products for weight GAIN

I stopped in GNC to look at some whey protein. While I was there I spoke with the guy that works there and recommended two other products. He said to look at the Wheybolic Extreme (which is a whey isolate) and the Mass XXX as a meal replacement. I don't know much about this stuff at all, so I was hoping you guys could shed some light on it. The guy at GNC also said that the 100% whey is high in lactose, and my body isn't too fond of whole milk, so I'm thinking that the isolate would be better. I work out 4-5 days a week, weigh 130 pounds, and am 5'9," so I'm not a big guy. I think I can still hold my own, but at the same time I want to put on some weight for when I get out of the Academy. Does anyone have any advice?

Originally posted by wheels64 View Post
    I stopped in GNC to look at some whey protein. While I was there I spoke with the guy that works there and recommended two other products. He said to look at the Wheybolic Extreme (which is a whey isolate) and the Mass XXX as a meal replacement. I don't know much about this stuff at all, so I was hoping you guys could shed some light on it. The guy at GNC also said that the 100% whey is high in lactose, and my body isn't too fond of whole milk, so I'm thinking that the isolate would be better. I work out 4-5 days a week, weigh 130 pounds, and am 5'9," so I'm not a big guy. I think I can still hold my own, but at the same time I want to put on some weight for when I get out of the Academy. Does anyone have any advice?
    Only advice I can give you is of all the different Whey Proteins I've experimented with, in my opinion there is nothing better than GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60. I get the chocolate. Mixes really easily, tastes good, works good. Just my .02. Good luck.

Comment

Don't count on the cashier at GNC knowing any facts about nutrition or supplements.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Normally I would think the same ateamer, but I was told to talk to this guy because he is the district salesman for GNC. He is in charge of teaching all the new guys about all of the products. I talked to him for about a half hour, and he was asking me about how I train, what I eat, etc. before recommending a good product to use. The guys that are normally in there don't really know what they are talking about, but he impressed me and now I know why I was told to go to him.

Comment

If you want to put on weight and size, eat food and lots of it or go with GOMAD and SS, Protein powders are supplements and will only aid in the process. I also agree with Ateamer regarding GNC store clerks, or district managers/trainer as you mentioned, the knowledge is limited at best.

The guys that are normally in there don't really know what they are talking about, but he impressed me and now I know why I was told to go to him.
          And I’m not trying to be a *****, but, honestly how would know you whether or not what he says is true being that you were told to go and talk to him? If you had to go to him to seek advice then you didn’t know much in the first place, correct?

Don't let a GNC sale person impress you, remember they are all about sales, educate yourself before believing 99.9% of crap you hear reagrding weight gain, health and how to lose weight.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I'm 130 ish myself and would definitely like to put on a few pounds. I don't want to get "fat" but I do want to put on mass. What kinds of foods are you guys eating? ex. pasta, chicken, fish etc..

I wouldn't mind another 10-15 pounds but I have the same problem with the OP regarding lactose intolerance so I would like something that wouldn't send me to the "office" every time I use it.

Comment

Found these thread in regards to Mass XXX
              http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1013140
              http://www.fightforum.com/nutrition-...-mass-xxx.html
              http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=109449
              Last edited by NextCapCop; 01-13-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

1. Eat enough food and you won't have to worry about weight-gainers.

2. GNC is a waste of time and money. If you want to get big and strong, listen to people who are big and strong. Do what they do. Not what some swinging-hammer at a suppliment store says to do.

3. elitefts.com, dpsnutrition.com

Listen. Learn. Achieve.
                "...I'm gonna' ride that one-legged pony to baloney town..."

"I just assume most people are half-retarded, and it's my job to remind 'em."

Comment

The GNC guy is the district salesman because he was a succesful salesman at a local store, not because he knows anything about nutrition. He can parrot the tales told on the labels all day long and it doesn't make it fact. His job is to sell as much product as possible, period. GNC doesn't care if you have factual information and products that work, just that you buy and buy. Otherwise, 75% of their shelves would be bare.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I agree with all of you about the guy, and that is why I came here to ask for your recommendations. I ended up going against what he said. I spoke with my cousin who is a bodybuilder (I know that he knows what he's talking about because, well you should see how big he is haha), and he told me to just try the Wheybolic Extreme 60. He took that when he first started and it helped him put on weight and muscle, but he said to also eat about every 3 hours to pur carbs and calories and everything in my system. So I'm going to give that a try and see what happens.

Comment

Good advice so far...especially by ateamer and your cousin.

Do what your cousin said and eat every 2-3 hours. Keep this in mind when you do it. You want to eat between 80%-100% of your weight in grams of protein per day. So if you weigh 130lbs, you would eat 104g to 130g of protein per day.
                      I used to not be able to put on weight at all either, and as soon as I started listening to the guys that told me to do that, it was like an alarm clock went off in my body and the weight just started packing on. You have to be careful though, because it's also easy to overdo it and put on too much fat with it.
                      http://kmags.mybrute.com/ My guy can kick your guy's butt!

Comment

I love thats stuff. I have a crazy metabolism, and have been trying to break 160 for my entire life. I started taking that stuff (1-2 times a day, in addition to normal meals) and now Im at 170.

The vanilla, with milk, tastes pretty good too.

Comment

Pretty good advice in this thread in regards to getting bigger. X 2 on the eating advice! Just make mental note to try and eat SOMETHING with protein every time you eat. You will gain some fat when bulking up or adding size. Comes with the territory. How much are you looking to add? In closing DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT GNC!!!!! Waaay over priced. Try bodybuilding (dot) com
                          http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx (design your own)

Comment

Besides nutrition, which I agree with most here, eating frequently and above your caloric maintenance level, what kind of workout program are you on. If you are dominating with aerobic type exercise, don't expect to put on much if any weight. If you are strictly interested in weights, then don't waste your time with fluff. You need to do the big basics and get out. Nourish your body and rest...the mass will come.
                            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by 1two9 View Post
                              GNC is a waste of time and money. )
                              Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
                              In closing DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT GNC!!!!!
                              If you still haven't figured it out... WTF are you doing in GNC????

Big guys Squat, Deadlift, Bench, and Oly Lifts... No effin curls in the Squat rack too

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5622 users online. 398 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X