300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p90x to begin the new year.

After talking to a few officers on here, it appears there are a few of us starting p90x (be it first, second, or other rounds) around this time period.

I am on my second round - I did 60 straight days with some success a few months ago but quit and took sometime off. I'm extremely bitter that I did and have started again and really want to push it. I was involved in a thread on another site that other members used for motivation and information and found it extremely useful. Hopefully something like this will do the same for us.

So, if you have started p90x within the last few weeks or plan to do so soon, post your daily updates here, even if its just a simple "Did the workout today, sore as a mofo."

Today was day 8 for me - back/chest. That workout is AWESOME between the massive amount of pushups and pullups. The best part is I can do more then I could months ago and I feel like I'm making progress.

I did the arms and ab ripper today...I'm going to feel it tomorrow, that's for sure! Those static bicep curls are great!
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

I just got the vids from a friend. Also read the other thread, wasn't it you gangreen that said you felt it, but didn't feel any more power?

I'm going to start it tomorrow. I need to look into the stuff. I also need to get dumbells. I think it'll prepare me nicely for the academy.

Comment

i couldnt even finish the yoga dvd it was so intense i got through 45min of it and had to quit because everything muscle below my waist was on fire!
        Please let me know, Thank you.
        US Army 13M

Comment

heh, Edge, I totally agree. I think the Yoga CD is the hardest, or at least tied with plyo.

For what its worth, the second 45 minutes isn't nearly as tough and the moves are a bit easier. If you can make it through the first 45 without passing out, try and stick out the last 45.

Oh, and if you aren't using the worksheets, I would absolutely advise you do. I didn't the first time and I didn't have a number to try and beat everytime. With it though, you can keep track and make sure that every week, you at least make some improvement, even if its only 1 rep in each category.

Go here if you lost the worksheet - http://www.beachbody.com/text/produc...XWorkSheet.pdf

Good luck guys and let's seriously work together on this.

Comment

ya next time around on yoga im going to do the full 1.5 hours. Plus i wasnt using a yoga mat or blocks which i think woulda helped
            US Army 13M

Comment

Yeah, I didn't use a block the first time, but grabbed one at Target afterward. They are only a few bucks so it won't set you back.

Comment

Said it once, and I'll say it again.....some before and after shots would really help the sale on this P90X!!!!
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I'm not posting my before pictures until I have after ones I'm proud of.

But you can check this out - these are all normal, non paid or expert users - http://forums.teambeachbody.com/grou...frm/f/17410191

Comment

I'll post a before after of me, I don't care... I'll put it up tomorrow. right now I would really like to get rid of the love handles.

I did chest/back and ab ripper X, i'm pretty sore, but not as bad as I thought. my problem was with the pull ups. I can't do do them for jack, so I had the SO help me with the chair. she is doing it too, and she was using a chair as well. it just works better when u do 1 without chair vs doing 12 with a chair....

I got Plyometrics tomorrow

Comment

Its ok, pullups are tough, so its expected.

Today was arms and shoulders for me... felt good afterward.

Tomorrow is Yoga but not sure I'll have 90 minutes to give. I might do XStretch instead.

Comment

i didnt do the pullups yet in the video. I used my resistance bands and put them around my pull up bar like how hes doing it in the video. IMO worked just as well
                        US Army 13M

Comment

forget P90X. Good old fashion running, calisthenics, resistance training, practicing basic fighting moves with high reps, and my nifty irongym bar keep me in good shape.

Comment

+1 to the iron gym bar, thing works great.

Comment

I did yoga yesterday. Yeah, that one is tough. I had to take today off because it's legs now and I have a nagging knee problem so I had to let it heal.
                              "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                              -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3452 users online. 222 members and 3230 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X