300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state trooper forearms

Alright what's the secret, why do so many state troopers have diesel forearms. I've been hitting the gym hard for the last 6 years and have put on 20 pounds of muslce since but can't seem to get my forearms bigger. What do most LEO's do for the popeye forearms? I'm willing to do whatever it takes!

Farmers carries are great for forearms, low back, and leg strength. Anything that involves gripping items will work your forearms.
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

'heavy grip' makes some pretty challenging grippers that go up to like 350 lbs. (I cannot come close to closing the 300 lb one, that is pretty impressive hand strength) and those are good .

also when I do pull ups, rotate which fingers are on the bar- meaning don't leave all 4 fingers on the bar with the thumb underneath- wrap the thumb on top. then, remove your pinky, and rotate one finger off- its hardest once you lose your pointer finger.

I've seen guys who can do pull ups with just their index fingers holding on- thats phenomenal grip strength. also when you do pushups stay on 3 or 4 fingers- anything to improve hand strength helps the forearms.

Another thing I like is a exercise I made up called a 'monkey climb' go over to a smith machine or some part of the gym that has about 10 feet of bar connecting the two machines. a lot of the connectors are smooth tube steel that is rectangular. your objective is to climb hand over hand, from one side to the other and back, while hanging from beneath it.

kinda like monkey bars- but your hands are rotated towards each other.

Comment

Grip strength is important, but even more so for police officers. If you grab onto someone, and they can't get get out of your grip, it can end a fight before it starts. As soon as your opponent feels that grip crushing his arm, he's gonna think twice about messing around any further.

I recommend going to www.ironmind.com for more information and training tools. They have articles on-line and books you can order all about grip strength. They have the Captains of Crush grippers that start at 60lbs and go to 365 lbs. They have info on training pinch grip, crushing grip and wrist strength.

Diesel Crew also has a lot of good info and videos. www.dieselcrew.com
        Link to some of their Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...011F82592A6442

I personally find that your grip strength (and therefore your forearms) will develop by doing heavy deadlifts, heavy chinups and other such strength training without using straps. I also use Captains of Crush (C.O.C.) #1 and plan to move to #2 soon. I find that hitting a tire with a 12 lbs sledge hammer works your grip pretty damn good.

Pick up heavy ***** and hold it. Get some tough grippers and close them. Pinch a few 10lbs plate together, pick 'em up and hold as long as you can. Find other grip specific stuff that you like to do. Keep progressing (just like with anything else) and you'll develop good hand strength and the big forearms will come with it.
        Be professional
        Be polite
        Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

Quite simply, just hang from a pull up bar for as long as you can...time it....the next time you try to beat the previous time. Not only does it build grip strength, but your forearms will grow as well.

If you want your forearms to grow simply by working out, reverse ez curls for the top portion and the best exercise for the underbelly In my opinion is behind the back wrist curls.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
            Grip strength is important, but even more so for police officers. If you grab onto someone, and they can't get get out of your grip, it can end a fight before it starts. As soon as your opponent feels that grip crushing his arm, he's gonna think twice about messing around any further.

I recommend going to www.ironmind.com for more information and training tools. They have articles on-line and books you can order all about grip strength. They have the Captains of Crush grippers that start at 60lbs and go to 365 lbs. They have info on training pinch grip, crushing grip and wrist strength.

Diesel Crew also has a lot of good info and videos. www.dieselcrew.com
            Link to some of their Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...011F82592A6442

I personally find that your grip strength (and therefore your forearms) will develop by doing heavy deadlifts, heavy chinups and other such strength training without using straps. I also use Captains of Crush (C.O.C.) #1 and plan to move to #2 soon. I find that hitting a tire with a 12 lbs sledge hammer works your grip pretty damn good.

Pick up heavy ***** and hold it. Get some tough grippers and close them. Pinch a few 10lbs plate together, pick 'em up and hold as long as you can. Find other grip specific stuff that you like to do. Keep progressing (just like with anything else) and you'll develop good hand strength and the big forearms will come with it.
            2nd all this.
            I am working on the #2 COC at the moment as well.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

don't blow tons of money on grippers until you can squeeze up to 300 pounds.

Go to a hardware store and get "Utility Clips" Look in the same section as C-Clamps. They liik like giant metal gripclips. They have some you need two hands to open, when you can open that one and hold it, you can start buying He-Man Grippers.

Another chrap way ti get strong grip is to grab the "Sissy Pad" people strap to the squat bar to make it comfy, and use it on the pullup bar, as well on straight bars for deadlifts and curls.

The most fun way to grow insane forarms is to join a climbing gym, Well let me take that back, climbing is the SECOND most fun forearm workout...

M-11
              “All men dream...... But not equally..
              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

already getting started, thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                  Well let me take that back, climbing is the SECOND most fun forearm workout...

M-11
                  Just make sure you give equal time to both forearms. You don't want a Popeye right arm and an Olive Oil left arm. I learned that lesson the hard way.
                  Be professional
                  Be polite
                  Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

<--------------- Can do two reps with the Captains of Crush #2.5 gripper.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I just ordered super grip with 200 pounds of resistance i think im gonna start with that and see how it goes. How many reps /sets are good for that and how many days per week to avoid injury or strain?? (obviously it depends on my strength) But i am trying to build my strength and go for mass instead of shredding, so im assuming low rep per set would be desireable, after that I think im gonna buy the captain of crush, the web site looks pretty cool might be worth the extra few bucks. i'm also gonna start trying to hold plates in the gym and let gravity help make me stronger. see what happens
                      Last edited by SCHPapplicant21; 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM. Reason: '

Comment

Genetics do play a role in the size of ones forearms. Some people are just born with it and never have to pick up a weight. Others can work in the gym for years and not get the results they are looking for. Forearms are a lot like calves it is hard to get them to grow. Your body type has a lot to do with it Ecto, Endo, etc.

Comment

I prefer 12 ounce curls

Comment

the secret is ....being single...lonely nights...etc
                            *Don't argue with idiots someone watching may get confused.

*We're all here because we ain't all there

Comment

I'm going to second M-11 about rockclimbing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6582 users online. 368 members and 6214 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X