300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power 90 - the Original One

I started Power 90 (no not Master Series, X, or X-Plus) and I've lost about 20 lbs and its been only a month. I went from 298 to 277 in pounds. Went from a size 48 in waist to a size 40. All this in a month's time. I am waiting a full 9 - 12 months to post the pics of me from my heaviest to my hopefully lean fighting shape. I plan to go through all of the programs (Master Series, X, and X-Plus) inside of a year.

Also, I'm lifting 25 lb.-ers. and I'm up to the 3-4 Sweat DVD, not yet there on the weights, still level 1-2 for Sculpt DVD.
    Last edited by Custodian; 09-18-2008, 04:45 PM. Reason: More info!

Great work..... keep it up!

I just recently purchased the P90X series to use for a winter fitness routine. I usually cycle about 120 miles per week in the spring and summer but when the cold of fall and winter hit 20-25 miles per hour on a bike doesn't appeal to me. I was a bit nervous about spending money on this system but from your testimony so far and others I've heard, it seems to be great.

Thanks for posting and keep us updated.... I'd be particularly interested in knowing how it's going!!

Stay DRIVEN!!!!
    "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

Thanks a bunch.

You know what? Power 90 is not a gimmicky system. Its pure hard work. There are no magic potions to this system. It just uses science and knowledge. It has definitely been worth it. As long as you watch what you eat and put in the time, the results will come, or so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Custodian View Post
        I started Power 90 (no not Master Series, X, or X-Plus) and I've lost about 20 lbs and its been only a month.
        Congrats for sure!

What did you change about your diet to help loose the weight?
        Opinions expressed in my posts are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the views of any employer, past, present, or future.

Comment

I started noticing more what I eat...

Avoid drinking your calories: Fruit juice, soda. Only exceptions: Soy milk or what can be added to soy milk like my protein.

Small meals. No more than the serving size of a bowl of cereal.

I try to work out everyday, but sometimes due to my random assignments working at a prison (days can be as long as 17-18 hours), I end up sometimes making up my cardio session by doing it twice a day on my day off. I can make up cardio sessions but not my strength training session, which I do every other day.

Comment

Currently down to 270 lbs and still going down... Now at both 3-4 level DvDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Custodian View Post
              I started noticing more what I eat...

Avoid drinking your calories: Fruit juice, soda. Only exceptions: Soy milk or what can be added to soy milk like my protein.

Small meals. No more than the serving size of a bowl of cereal.

I try to work out everyday, but sometimes due to my random assignments working at a prison (days can be as long as 17-18 hours), I end up sometimes making up my cardio session by doing it twice a day on my day off. I can make up cardio sessions but not my strength training session, which I do every other day.
              Nice work, but I would avoid the soy for sure.
              Again, keep up the hard work.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                Nice work, but I would avoid the soy for sure.
                Again, keep up the hard work.

+1 get rid of the soy. Take a look http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/morestudies.html

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                  +1 get rid of the soy. Take a look http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/morestudies.html
                  LOL! If you want DJ's answer, just check mine and if you want my answer, just check DJ's! (for like 8 threads!)

Obviously we come from the same school of thought on training and diet.
                  Although I dont do crossfit, I do something similar and DJ taught me a good bit about the diet aspect-he has some great, informative posts/threads about the diet part in this forum.
                  Last edited by brownj21; 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM.
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                    LOL! If you want DJ's answer, just check mine and if you want my answer, just check DJ's! (for like 8 threads!)

Obviously we come from the same school of thought on training and diet.
                    Although I dont do crossfit, I do something similar and DJ taught me a good bit about the diet aspect-he has some great, informative posts/threads about the diet part in this forum.
                    QFT.........

Same school of thought for sure.......

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Finishing original Power 90 this month. Current weight? 269, size 39 waist. I just got Power 90 Master Series today and I should begin that real soon. I will make a new thread regarding P90MS.

I'm sick today with sinusitis so I've had the opportunity to just view the DVDs. Nothing like the original at all. Looks very challenging, I will be using these probably until I get down to about 220-210 weight range. After that, I will move on to P90X.

No soy? I'm lactose intolerant and Lactaid is just to expensive. I still love cereal. So, what's up with soy?
                      Last edited by Custodian; 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4259 users online. 225 members and 4034 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X