300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine

I consider myself dedicated to lifting weights and running. I've taken Creatine before and of course it is over the counter. However, I was wondering since its not regulated by FDA is there anything in it that could cause a problem with drug testing for law enforcement. I'm assuming better safe than sorry because no agency wants to hear an excuse as to why you may have had a problem with a drug test. Thanks.

The creatine level in your blood will be increased if you exercise vigorously, or get a muscle injury, or take it as a supplement. It gets depleted during muscle building, so many persons doing weight training take it as a supplement. It's not a drug or a controlled substance. I suggest you not take it to saturation levels; replacement levels are sufficient for gaining the benefits. In general: if you're doing a lot of weight training, it's a good supplement, but eating a lot of protein, along with a sensible diet that includes fruits and vegetables, is more important.

Comment

Don't know if there is anything in it, but don't most places ask you if there is anything you have taken that could cause a flag?

Just let whoever is taking the specimen know that you're using it. My last test, I was using Hydroxycut, and noted it on the paperwork. They said they didn't think it would cause any issues, but if it did, they could research it, and eliminate it if need be.
      Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

Thanks monty, appreciate the advice

Comment

Originally posted by 10-74 S8 View Post
          Don't know if there is anything in it, but don't most places ask you if there is anything you have taken that could cause a flag?

Just let whoever is taking the specimen know that you're using it. My last test, I was using Hydroxycut, and noted it on the paperwork. They said they didn't think it would cause any issues, but if it did, they could research it, and eliminate it if need be.
          I am still in B.I. process but wanted to make sure before i decided to take it that it wouldnt put me in a situation where i would have to worry about failing a drug test, but i will definatley mention that if i get to that point. thank u

Comment

I have been taking Creatine on and off since '96 and it has never been an issue. I mention all supplements I take in the form you fill out before peeing in the little cup

Comment

There is nothing in creatine that will cause a failed drug test.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

youll be ok with creatine it wont raise T (testosterone) levels enough to throw up a flag. that is if you are even getting a steroid test they are about $400 a pop
                In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

Just reiterating the above; creatine does not influence normal drug tests.

Good Source: http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/46/2/295

A good thing to watch for during creatine discussions is creatine vs. creatINine. Many people confuse these (No wonder here) Creatine is stored in the muscle whereas creatINine is its spontaneous conversion which is excreted at a relatively constant rate through the kidneys. This is where much of the "It's bad on your kidneys" argument comes from; though there hasn't been any conclusive supporting evidence thus far.

As always, be up front with anything you take, and the most important things are sticking to a good diet and fitness program. Don't sweat the creatine use

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4149 users online. 213 members and 3936 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X