300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help & ideas

Well, im in college. I plan on joining Law Enforcement in 2 years. I know I need to get into a better shape. I did play Football in highschool.

Im 5"11/6 foot, not sure one of them. Weight 245. Now I dont look fat, but im big.

I need suggestions & routines to start now to help me Lose Weight Fast.
    What should I start out with daily, and what should i cut down on eating? What not to drink.

I have access to a small gym / weights.
    What ever support & advice you can give me, I can assure you it will help me for my future.

Thank you to whom ever posts

first off ask the nutrition questions and what workouts you'd be capable of starting to your doctor. with that in mind P90x is a great workout but you'll need to drop weight before that. so maybe the couch to 5k running, but if thats too hard on your knees go biking. Also the 100 pushup program that others are doing seems to work too. Also check out your local walmart for the perfect pushup cheaper than ordering it and it's pretty good. don't forget situps and real situps not crunches. and cut out soda, coffee, and caffinated energy drinks. Also GNC or store like that has good supplements and aids. I personally like hydroxycut and myoplex meal replacement shakes in between meals.
    Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Thanks for advice, the "perfect push up" whats that exactly?

Comment

First off, I would not go to GNC. Their suppliments are overpriced and they work on commission, so they will sell you the world. I hate GNC and will never go there. If you decide to go the suppliment route, DO your research. The only place I order my suppliments is from www.bodybuilding.com and you will prab not find any better prices.
        2nt: stop drinking any kind of soda, they are empty calories and bad for you. Do not eat out, make ALL your food. If a food place says they have health protions on thier menu, it's still going to be a crap load of calories. Get rid of all your chips, cookies, and any kind of bad food that will hurt your diet. Buy all the fruit and veggies you can and snack on those instead.
        3rd:The key to a good diet and losing weight is not only lots of cardio but a high protein intake. I would recc Cassine Protein for you. It is a slower digesting protein, so it will make you stay full longer.
        4th: GET ON A WORKOUT ROUTINE AND STAY TRUE TO IT! I have such a workout routine, I trick myself to think I have to work out and I feel bad if I miss a work out. Start of walking a mile, then build up more and more. Then a slow job and build up your distance. I am trying to keep it in simple terms... All I can say is Cardo Cardio Cardio!!! You do not need a pushup machine to help you lose weight. All you need is a good pair of running shoes and the pavement. That will get you to where you want to be and long as you STAY committed to your workout. There are tons of workouts you can find online. Find one that best suits you and stick with it. Just do not get one of those workout where you have to pay for it. Also... I see so many people at the gym just cheese d i c k i n g their workout, talking on their cell phones, not doing anything they came there for. When you work out, make it count. If you are not soaked with sweat by the end of your work out, you did not try hard enough. Stay positive and motivated, you will see results!!!

Comment

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
          I personally like hydroxycut.
          I won't get on my hydroxycut soap box and tell why I absoltley dislike this weight loss suppliment. All I will say is do your research before you start using it and look over some "minor" side effects that it does not list on the bottle:

1. Increased blood pressure
          2. Increased heart rate
          3. Headaches, light-headedness, and dizziness
          4. Loss of appetite
          5. Feel restless and hyper-active
          6. Nose bleeds
          7. Blurred vision
          8. Outbreak of acne

Comment

Originally posted by USMCadam View Post
            First off, I would not go to GNC. Their suppliments are overpriced and they work on commission, so they will sell you the world. I hate GNC and will never go there. If you decide to go the suppliment route, DO your research. The only place I order my suppliments is from www.bodybuilding.com and you will prab not find any better prices.
            2nt: stop drinking any kind of soda, they are empty calories and bad for you. Do not eat out, make ALL your food. If a food place says they have health protions on thier menu, it's still going to be a crap load of calories. Get rid of all your chips, cookies, and any kind of bad food that will hurt your diet. Buy all the fruit and veggies you can and snack on those instead.
            3rd:The key to a good diet and losing weight is not only lots of cardio but a high protein intake. I would recc Cassine Protein for you. It is a slower digesting protein, so it will make you stay full longer.
            4th: GET ON A WORKOUT ROUTINE AND STAY TRUE TO IT! I have such a workout routine, I trick myself to think I have to work out and I feel bad if I miss a work out. Start of walking a mile, then build up more and more. Then a slow job and build up your distance. I am trying to keep it in simple terms... All I can say is Cardo Cardio Cardio!!! You do not need a pushup machine to help you lose weight. All you need is a good pair of running shoes and the pavement. That will get you to where you want to be and long as you STAY committed to your workout. There are tons of workouts you can find online. Find one that best suits you and stick with it. Just do not get one of those workout where you have to pay for it. Also... I see so many people at the gym just cheese d i c k i n g their workout, talking on their cell phones, not doing anything they came there for. When you work out, make it count. If you are not soaked with sweat by the end of your work out, you did not try hard enough. Stay positive and motivated, you will see results!!!

" would recc Cassine Protein "
            Can you give me some specific foods and whats a Cassine Protein?

Also, good advice thanks

Comment

He meant Caesin protein.
              http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/casein-protein.html

First off-forget the "perfect pushup"
              There are dozens of pushup variations you can do without paying good money for some stupid handles to do 1 type.

2nd-forget the hydroxycut and all other "fat burning" supplements. You might as well flush money down the toilet and swallow a ton of caffiene-it will give you about the same result.

Yes-get off the sodas and beers. COMPLETELY.

Diet is fairly simple for you right now
              lean meats-chicken and fish especially-- only grilled, baked or broiled. NOT FRIED.
              vegetables and fruits for the rest.
              drink water, repeatedly.
              http://www.betterwayhealth.com/drinking-water.html
              http://members.aol.com/saveMoDoe2/importance.htm
              http://www.thedietchannel.com/Top-4-...king-Water.htm

As far as workout routine, if it has been a while, start slow.
              No need to injure yourself and have to stop before you ever get started.
              Stick with the basics and since you plan to get into law enforcement, you may want to go ahead with what you will be doing/tested on at an academy-mostly running, pushups and situps. The good news about those is-you can do them anywhere for free.

Stew Smith's website is excellent for achieving high marks in those categories-look up some of his free stuff and start there.

Also-USCADAM gave good advice as well, I 2nd everything he said.
              Last edited by brownj21; 09-10-2008, 03:30 PM.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I always spell it wrong, the correct spelling is Casein and the best source of Casein is from Cottage Cheese. I would recc suppliment it with a protein powder. This is what I recc to anyone wanting to work out and lose weight. Here is a link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html
                Optimum is the only brand of any kind of protein I will ever used and have used it for years. I buy it by the 10 pound bag but that might be a little bit much for you starting out. This is how I take my protein servings each day and it is very simple. Feel free to try what I do. I have 3-4 protein shakes a day:

1'st Shake(one scoop): I have my morning shake for breakfast along with some fruit and/or cereal.

2n't Shake(two scoops): I take this within 15 minutes after my workout

3'rd Shake(one scoop): This goes with my dinner

4'th Shake(one scoop): Right before I go to bed

Rule of thumb is you want a gram of protein per pound of body wieght. I weight 175lbs. So I need 175 grams per day. All together I use 5 scoops of protein a day (23grams per scoop) which comes to 115grams. So of my daily protein intake, 115grams of protein come from my protein suppliment and the other 60grams comes from what I eat.

Understand, If I work out in the morning or do a 2 aday workout, I just switch the order of the shakes. I consider losing weight and the whole suppliment intake like sharpening a knife. Everyone has different ways of sharpening a knife. This is just what works for me. I am a avid runner, running with several teams in the KC area, and I run 50-70 miles a week.

Comment

I agree with that brand as well. Always gets high marks, tastes good and isnt too expensive.
                  Optimum Nutrition FTW!
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Perfect push-up is BS. Do not buy it, and all the marketing hype super supplements that will allegedly help you lose weight are pure BS crap like hydroxy-cut. I could go on for hours about how ridiculous some diet fads are and how they prey on the weak minded people. But I will resist...

Everyone has a select program they do to help them reach their goals and break threw them. Some people find that doing 45 minutes of Cardio and a body building routines three times a week it the things for them.

Others run, run and run some more. Some cycle and some do a little of everything. You have to get your diet dialed in, everything else after that is cake.

Again to the OP I will PM you later today or tomorrow and see what I can do for you.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                      Perfect push-up is BS. Do not buy it, and all the marketing hype super supplements that will allegedly help you lose weight are pure BS crap like hydroxy-cut. I could go on for hours about how ridiculous some diet fads are and how they prey on the weak minded people. But I will resist...

Everyone has a select program they do to help them reach their goals and break threw them. Some people find that doing 45 minutes of Cardio and a body building routines three times a week it the things for them.

Others run, run and run some more. Some cycle and some do a little of everything. You have to get your diet dialed in, everything else after that is cake.

Again to the OP I will PM you later today or tomorrow and see what I can do for you.

QFT!

And, to the OP, you are welcome to hit me up on PM as well. I currently train about 10 people at my house and local parks and could possibly give you some ideas.
                      Last edited by brownj21; 09-10-2008, 04:08 PM.
                      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                        QFT!

And, to the OP, you are welcome to hit me up on PM as well. I currently train about 10 people at my house and local parks and could possibly give you some ideas.
                        QFT????

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

That means "quoted for truth"
                          In other words..I agree, particularly about the perfect pushup and hydroxycut/diet pills (as I mentioned in my post as well) and the fact that diet is key to it all (for what this guy wants in particular).
                          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                            That means "quoted for truth"
                            In other words..I agree, particularly about the perfect pushup and hydroxycut/diet pills (as I mentioned in my post as well) and the fact that diet is key to it all (for what this guy wants in particular).
                            Sorry about that I had just got doing a CF Hero's WOD and was a little tired.

Yeah, the diet pill revolution makes me sick...

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

if i remember after reading all the replies you said two years right, man thats plenty of time alot of people show up at the academy and pass pre-entry barely but in 10-18 weeks they are in the best shape of their life. just remember how much time you have and set realistic goals for yourself like this week ill do 10 pushups 3 or 4 sets a day next week 15 and so on but do this with everthing, your weight, p-ups, sit ups you know , just an example. you know what your body can do. if you want it bad enough youll do it
                              In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3272 users online. 163 members and 3109 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X