300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition Question

I'm about to attend the corrections academy in my state and although I'm not a vegetarian I don't eat pork for health reasons (family history). I doubt that there will be any substitutes, especially at breakfast, and was wondering what could I eat as a substitute? So far I've only come up with oatmeal as a substitute for protein. What else am I missing?
    Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

its hard to say you might want to post what academy you are going through chances are that someone has already went through the same one and can help you better. for example in MLEOTA we had to stay there for ten weeks comming home on weekends but we got a (few) choices not many but they always provided us with the nutrition we needed to get through the day. sorry i couldnt answer you better
    In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

The other obvious choice in my mind for breakfast would be eggs. Gram for gram, the quality of protein in egg whites is hard to beat.

Comment

cheese
        protein powder
        yogurt
        cottage cheese

make sure you get .75 grams per pound of your body weight

Comment

Originally posted by DOCGW View Post
          The other obvious choice in my mind for breakfast would be eggs. Gram for gram, the quality of protein in egg whites is hard to beat.
          I thought about that, but the only way I'm going to be able to get them is boiled. That's fine by me, but I won't get full and will have to load my tray up with oatmeal and some fruit or yogurt. I'm just hoping that the instructors will understand; it's paramilitary. I'll just have to see when I get there.

Comment

Make do with what you got and do the best you can with what you're given.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by mdyoung7 View Post
              cheese
              protein powder
              yogurt
              cottage cheese

make sure you get .75 grams per pound of your body weight
              Good suggestions, but since it's the state more than likely the cheese will be of the government variety. Seriously though, I won't be able to have protein powder and cottage cheese is just downright nasty to me. Thanks for the suggestions, and good job on your weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                Make do with what you got and do the best you can with what you're given.
                It seems like that's the plan now, thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3329 users online. 151 members and 3178 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X