300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastrict Bypass Surgery

So on June 27th, 2008, i hade Gastrict Bypass WLS. I was 316lbs going in and as of today, i am 263lbs. (53lbs gone). I had diabetes and was on 5 medications, now i am off all meds and feeling great. Anyone else considering this surgery. Feel free to ask me anything about it. It was the best thing i ever did.

Awesome

Congratulations man... that is awesome. Keep up the good work sounds like you are doing just fine with that though!

Comment

Originally posted by plr19 View Post
      Congratulations man... that is awesome. Keep up the good work sounds like you are doing just fine with that though!

thanks !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdyoung7 View Post
        So on June 27th, 2008, i hade Gastrict Bypass WLS. I was 316lbs going in and as of today, i am 263lbs. (53lbs gone). I had diabetes and was on 5 medications, now i am off all meds and feeling great. Anyone else considering this surgery. Feel free to ask me anything about it. It was the best thing i ever did.
        I'm glad to see your account was finally approved wendel.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

CONGRATS mdyoung7 !!

I had the surgery 11/04

Was 411 (max was 417)

Now 270

Would do it again tommorow.

The ONLY complication I had (they told me to expect) was I had to have my gall bladder removed 2 years after the surgery. I had sleep apnea but not anymore....I would have never, never, never passed BLET at 411 pounds.

Feel free to send me questions also....
          If you put bacon on bacon it actually makes bacon better

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I'm glad to see your account was finally approved wendel.

took forever brother....thanks !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd157 View Post
              CONGRATS mdyoung7 !!

I had the surgery 11/04

Was 411 (max was 417)

Now 270

The ONLY complication I had (they told me to expect) was I had to have my gall bladder removed 2 years after the surgery. I had sleep apnea but not anymore....I would have never, never, never passed BLET at 411 pounds.

wow good job.........am not looking forward to the gall bladder issue

Comment

Both of my parents had it done, and as they lost the weight they got started on good excercise programs...and now are in the best shape of their entire lives (both of them in their mid 40s).
                "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd157 View Post
                  CONGRATS mdyoung7 !!

I had the surgery 11/04

Was 411 (max was 417)

Now 270

That's great man. I didn't have the surgery, but i too was over 400 pounds at my peak (actually 475). I was recently hired at a local agency and am at 225.

I tell people all the time, do whatever it takes to get yourself healthier. If the surgery is what you need to make the lifestyle change and improve your life, then do it. Life is too short.
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by mdyoung7 View Post
                    took forever brother....thanks !!!!
                    Well good luck with the continued weight loss.
                    What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

just wondering, how tall are you
                      In god i trust everyone else gets run on NCIC

Comment

Congratulations!!!

I had the RNY surgery in Oct '04 when I was 50 years old. Started off at 370 lbs (6'2") and was wearing a 5X shirt and size 52 waist pants. I was taking 3 oral meds plus 2 different insulins for Type II diabetes at the time - as well as several other meds for various other maladies.

Today, I'm in week 6 of the police acadmey here in west Texas and weigh 220 - take no meds for diabetes. I only take 2 meds now (instead of the 22 before). Also, I'm now wearing L shirt and 34 pants. I truly believe the surgery saved my life. I'd do it again tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by C-15 View Post
                          just wondering, how tall are you
                          i am 6'0"

Comment

Just remember guys, this isn't a nonchalant surgery. It should be reserved as a last resort when the risks of obesity are greater than the risks of surgery. The patients that these surgeries are aimed at are relatively poor surgical candidates. About 1 out of 10 will suffer major morbidity and up to 1 out of 100 will die as a result of the surgery. (varies based on degree of obesity and methodology) It is definitely something you should discuss thoroughly with your doctor and try and learn as much about before you make the decision to undergo such a surgery. But it sounds like everyone here is extremely pleased with the results, which is excellent!

"To heal, you must use steel"

Comment

Originally posted by itnstalln View Post
                              Just remember guys, this isn't a nonchalant surgery. It should be reserved as a last resort when the risks of obesity are greater than the risks of surgery. The patients that these surgeries are aimed at are relatively poor surgical candidates. About 1 out of 10 will suffer major morbidity and up to 1 out of 100 will die as a result of the surgery. (varies based on degree of obesity and methodology) It is definitely something you should discuss thoroughly with your doctor and try and learn as much about before you make the decision to undergo such a surgery. But it sounds like everyone here is extremely pleased with the results, which is excellent!

"To heal, you must use steel"

agreed, i did about a years research. I also did everythin i could to lose the weight to no avail

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5975 users online. 336 members and 5639 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X