300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is you best 5 mile run???

I've been running and getting ready for the academy. I run the 1.5 mile in 10:40, 2 mile in 17:15 and today tried the 5 mile(including hills), my time was 42:24... Am I in the academy range for running??? What are some your running times??
    FCPA Class #36

Best times (all 30 or so years ago):

1: mile 04:28 (there was another kid in my state that did it in 4:08)
    2: 2-1/2 mile 12:35
    3: 5 mile 26:31
    4: 10 mile 59:47 (I was determined to do it it under an hour. Most of my times were longer)

Now I can run only 1/2 mile at a 5 minute pace. Tried it a couple of weeks ago. My poor old beat-up body. I'm lucky I can run more than 2 car lengths. But I did foot-chase catch a kid who was on a bicycle a few years ago. The look of surprise on his face was priceless.

Comment

I have never tried to run 5 miles at the fastest speed possible, but I have done it in under 40 minutes before.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Dang, I couldn't even finish a 5-miler yet. I'm supposed to get it down to like 30-35 minutes by next year though. (Gulps.)

Comment

Consistently between 30-35 a year ago when I was running 5 miles several times a week, but I haven't been running that much recently.

Comment

My best 5 mile was the one I finished
            “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
            ― Henry Ford

Comment

I pulled in 5 miles in under 40 minutes a few weeks back, I need to run it again in the next week or so and I will post my time then.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

If you want to increase your 5 mile run, work on speep drills. That is what is going to get your body used to runing faster paces as in 6 and lower min paces. I run a 30 minute 5 miler, only because the speed drills I have done. If you do not run speed drills and just go out and always run a regular pace, you will just plateau at a certain pace and not improve.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6057 users online. 336 members and 5721 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X