300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking Water and weight loss?

I have found a wealth of information on Stew Smiths website about fitness for the military and LEO. He states in his 45 day plan that the average male needs to drink about a gallon of water a day. Does this help in the weight loss process?

Originally posted by boxerdog25 View Post
    I have found a wealth of information on Stew Smiths website about fitness for the military and LEO. He states in his 45 day plan that the average male needs to drink about a gallon of water a day. Does this help in the weight loss process?

absolutely. Will deter snacking due to feeling of being full. Will also trigger the body to release stored water due to previous lack of it. However weight loss that does occur will more than likely be water weight and not fat. With the right diet, water intake, and eating smaller more frequent meals throughout the day will lead to fat loss. Drink it up.
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

PC, I am pretty much on stew smiths eating plan along with other good bodybuilding websites, so I am hoping to lose some pounds so that I can apply to a PD in the fall. I am 100 % dedicated, I mostly need to be able to run around 2-3 miles and I am starting the couch to 5k program.

Comment

I drink alot of water daily but by no means does it make me feel full at all....it does help clean your system out very well though.

I do it to stay well hydrated myself
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by boxerdog25 View Post
          PC, I am pretty much on stew smiths eating plan along with other good bodybuilding websites, so I am hoping to lose some pounds so that I can apply to a PD in the fall. I am 100 % dedicated, I mostly need to be able to run around 2-3 miles and I am starting the couch to 5k program.

Ill tell you, I am on week four of the Couch to 5K, and its awesome!

Comment

just keep hydrated

Comment

I have been advised to drink water using the following
              if your body weight is 250 lbs you need to drink 125 ounces of water, not sure if this is valid or not

Comment

Don’t know if this interests any of you, but do with it what you will:

1 liter (1000 mL) of water weighs about 2.2 lbs. (1 kg.) so about 1 pound is approximately 500 mL

the average adult should urinate about 500 mL or 1 pound of pee/day – this means taking in as much as your excreting. (fyi…I don’t expect anyone to measure the amount they are urinating but, anything less than 500 mL/day is a concern , possibly renal involvement or dehydration.)

It is recommended that the avg. adult:
                drink at least 2-3 liters of fluid each day
                increase fluids when exercising, in dry and/hot environ.
                weigh yourself daily before breakfast upon rising to monitor gains/loses
                (I’m stating the obvious now….) read the labels of food you eat for calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium – can affect water retention
                Gatorade is good for replenishing electrolytes (although some are now debating that saying that water is just as good) but not necessarily for improving fluid volume

random tidbit = careful with how much water weight is lost = when ingesting calcium (or foods containing) be sure to take with vitamin D (or foods containing) as it assists in the uptake of calcium & the excretion of excess calcium, also drink plenty of fluids with it (otherwise it’s possible for kidney stones to develop)

A quick & good way for determining hydration status is through looking at the hand veins. Veins will become full and bulging when below the level of the heart and will become flat when above level of the heart – this means you’re hydrated. If the hand is below level of the heart & appears flat, then you may want to drink some fluids.

3500 calories = 1 pound of fat
                you can not get rid of fat cells (adipose tissue) - which is why it’s difficult to keep weight off sometimes - but you can shrink them: fruits like lemons, limes, & grapefruits assist in shrinking them & have to ability to act as a slight appetite suppressant, that & the weight you loose also shrinks them

eat 4-6 small portioned well-balanced meals a day
                exercise recommendations vary: US Dept. of Agricult. (2006) = 60-90 min./day for weight loss, 30 min./day for maintaining current weight, 60 min./day to prevent weight gain

10,000 fast paced steps per day = 500 calories = 3500 calories/week = 1 pound in 7 days

BMI (it’s just for relationship of fat to height & is a very indirect measurement – It doesn’t take into account frame size – (IMO tries) to measure nutritional status):
                weight (pounds) divided by height (inches <squared>) times 703
                anywhere from 18.5 – 20 to 24.9 – 25 is considered healthy (#’s depend on who’s doing your BMI)

**all info. compliments of text books, internet, US Dept. of Agricult., & all those who though of it before me:0)**

Comment

I have been advised to drink water using the following, if your body weight is 250 lbs you need to drink 125 ounces of water, not sure if this is valid or not
                  Similar to me....
                  Last edited by johnwalker; 10-13-2008, 12:15 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3240 users online. 162 members and 3078 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X