300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis?

How many of you suffer day to day with scoliosis? I suffer from a small degree however I am in constant pain on my left side....Chiropractor only helps for a few days....any tips like good back braces?

I have very minor scoliosis, it's not enough to cause me discomfort or pain, but is noticeable if I bend over. You may want to have a doctor look at it, because if it is bad enough there are braces and such that can help.

I have also been told that doing workouts that strengthen the back can help, but if it's causing you pain you may want to be careful. I do a lot of dead lifts and back extensions, which may keep mine from causing pain and discomfort.

All in all...you may want to just seek advice from a doctor or the chiropractor before trying anything. They get paid the big bucks to tell you about this stuff.

Comment

I have a severe scoliosis.
      Keep you abs in shape. Crunches, leg lifts etc...
      Make sure you control your weight.
      I suffer from pain every day. You learn to live with it.

Comment

I had 7 degree scoliosis - I now have .5 degree with lots of years of chiro visits.

I have to regularly keep my core strong or I risk tiring my back out with normal routine and having my back "go out". Lots of stretching (every morning when I wake up) and I am very conscience of how I get up from the couch, lazy boy, or bed when my muscles are cold in the AM.

The more I work out - the less it hurts.

Comment

I have very mild scoliosis. I've found that doing Pilates and Yoga help immensely with back, shoulder, and hip issues. One of my Pilates instructors is a professional ballet dancer...she got into Pilates to help combat her scoliosis and now has her own Pilates studio. It's helped her a ton.

Quite honestly, I think treatments like chiropractic and braces treat the symptoms more than the problems (not that I disapprove of either, in fact I am a big fan of chiropractic). Until/unless you retrain the muscles, and learn to move and comport yourself differently, you're going to continually suffer the same symptoms.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4697 users online. 276 members and 4421 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X