300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need holster suggestions

I suppose my first question is what is the best place (either website or retail store chain) to get a good quality holster?

The pistol I have is a Kimber .45 ACP Stainless TLE II. Does anyone have suggestions on the type of material, brand, etc. for what I should get?

Edit: The holster should be a right handed hip holster, not a tactical or anything.

Is it for duty or for concealed carry?
    Concealed carry: Don Hume, Galco, Gould & Goodrich, Bianchi, FIST, Safariland, Horseshoe leather, Blade Tech, Comp-tac, El-Paso Saddlery, Kramer, Kirkpatrick and Desantis to name a few.
    There are even more out there.
    They have been making Holsters for the 1911 for about 97 years, you ought to be able to find something.
    I prefer Leather, Kydex is great for competition but, to me, is to unforgiving for comfortable concealed carry (this is personal, there are many fine Kydex concealment holsters out there).
    I have a Bianchi belt slide for an L-frame, a Kramer belt scabbard for a S&W N frame and a fist for a Taurus 24/7.
    I loike all of them.

Comment

Uniformed duty with sam brown belt... Safariland 6280
      TAC Gear......... Blackhawk level II duty serpa on thigh platform
      Plain clothes asignments... Blackhawk Serpa
      Concealment....... Galco Summer Comfort

I carry a Kimber Tactical Custom II
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Wow great info both of you, thank you very much! I'm actually looking for both duty and concealed carry so thank you for mentioning both! I'll be checking into all the mentioned brands.

Comment

I would definately support the 6280. I use it with my Springfield XD and I love it.
          Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

I have been carrying my Combat Commander in a Galco Speedmaster for concealment until I switched to Glocks. It's a great simple rig.

To echo some of the others, for duty I would stick with Safariland. I love their duty holsters, and the SLS/ALS system is slicker than owl......well you know.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I carry 1911's quite often...I have one of these and love it

http://www.desantisholster.com/1cl.html

$71.00 is steep and I know I didnt pay that much for mine..look around a bit for a decent price..this is great for the sinlge action 1911..if you are not carrying it cocked and locked why bother carrying at all. I have a few different 1911s...it fits up to the full size government model..gold cup..delta elite..I can carry my commander also. I also own a para 14-45 which fits too..
              And the road becomes my bride.

Comment

Ive run into this same problim recently. For uniform carry I use a Safariland Thumb break Leather holster. For off duty winter or anytime I can wear a jacket I have a Safariland belt loop holster. But in loose civilian clothes which I just went to 3 retailers today and finally found one that doesn't bluge too terrible a simple $10 Uncle Mike's 5 inch universial in the waistband holster.
                Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

ARGH! A good pistol (e.g. 1911) deserves better than a TEN DOLLAR holster.
                  How long are you expecting it to last?

Be sure to post again after wearing it for a week or two...
                  I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

It wasn't until I woke up after sleep on my weapon that I realised just how comfortable my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB was. If I hadn't already been sold on it, I would have been after that nap.
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4455 users online. 286 members and 4169 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X