300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bahamas + gun = legal?

hey all... going to the bahamas via private plane from west palm, florida... never been... excluding legalities of weapon on private plane, has anyone carried to the bahamas? is it legal? some searching on the web has left me with no answers

i can live without my gun for a week but if it's cool then, of course, i would feel a lot better with it... i've been to places like seaworld and disney without a weapon and later wished i had as I later found out it was kind of a dont ask dont tell kind of thing...

thanks.

I wouldnt......you are too likely to end up dressed as a circus pony in some jail on the island.....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Very few foreign countries allow it. The only one I know of is South Africa, where you can declare your weapon and get a permit under some circumstances.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

You're covered nationwide under HR 218, but that does NOT extend outside of the country. I know if you go over in a boat, you can have a shotgun on board and a limited number of rounds, but they frown on handguns and there is NO professional courtesy extended there reference carrying. If you absolutely, positively have to take a weapon, make it a long gun secured in a lock box attached to the plane and you do have to declare it upon arrival. If you don't, re-read LA Deps post above.

Comment

Go to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands instead, HR218/LEOSA applies there as they are US territories.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4392 users online. 254 members and 4138 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X