300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G35 Locking Block Pin

I was at the range training yesterday and while I was shooting my G35 the locking block pin almost came out. It was the 1st time it's happend to me. The guys on my team stated it happens often and to just replace it when it does. I was wonder if there was a metal version of that pin and would it be better to have a metal pin vs. a platice one?
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

If it's the pin that goes through the slide stop then the spring tension on the slide stop is supposed to lift the slide stop into the detent channel of the pin and lock it in place. Some thing wrong with the spring or the way the slide stop was put in so it's not droppng into the notch in the pin.

If it's the second pin in the block then that is just pushed in with tension and either your hole is worn or your pin is worn from repeated dissasembly. Get a new pin.

Comment

It's the skinner one of the two, the one that is on top.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

When taking the locking block out the small pin you describe should go in first, then the slide stop and trigger pin. Small pin held in with friction tension only.

Comment

The locking block pin should be metal, not polymer. The only polymer pin is the trigger housin pin. Get a new pin.
          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

I never noticed where you mentioned plastic, like ABC144 said the plastic pin goes in the backstrap area of the grip frame to hold the trigger bits in the back.

The pin through the barrel locking block is definatly metal.

Comment

+1 for both of the previous posts

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              I never noticed where you mentioned plastic, like ABC144 said the plastic pin goes in the backstrap area of the grip frame to hold the trigger bits in the back.

The pin through the barrel locking block is definatly metal.
              The only polymer (plastic) pin found on a factory Glock holds the trigger group in place and is found in the top rear area if the frame. The other pins are steel.

If you have a department armorer and are issued the Glock they should have a supply of pins, springs and other parts on hand. If you don't have a department armorer, or for some reason they don't have the pin you need in stock they can order one for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4475 users online. 262 members and 4213 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X