300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun for concealed carry

I have a Glock 17 that was issued so I carry a Glock 26 (that I love) as back up for obvious reasons. I was saving for a new guitar, but we bought my wife a car (funny how that happens, huh?). Any how, I do have a little $ left over and was thinking about maybe buying a gun that's a little smaller than the Glock that might be a little bit easier to conceal...that and I just want another gun.

So, I was considering a Kahr, but they are so expensive. Maybe I can find one used for less $, but what other suggestions do y'all have? I usually carry either on my ankle, IWB holster, or in a belly band holster.

Thanks.
    The Lord is my Shepherd.
    I am His sheepdog.

dont get the Kahr K9.
    The NYPD took it off the authorized off duty carry list b/c the trigger pull wore down to a hair trigger or something like that.
    sigpic

Comment

I would stick with the glock 26 that is an excellent gun. If you want something different go with an airweight .38 or .357 for back up there great an easy to conceal.

Comment

What the heck kind of guitar were you saving for if after diverting the money to buy a car for your wife you still have enough left over for a decent ccg?

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
          dont get the Kahr K9.
          The NYPD took it off the authorized off duty carry list b/c the trigger pull wore down to a hair trigger or something like that.
          Really now.....
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
            What the heck kind of guitar were you saving for if after diverting the money to buy a car for your wife you still have enough left over for a decent ccg?
            Collings D1A with a shaded top like this...http://www.maplestreetguitars.com/sh...7&item=D1ACUST. Ummmmm.

But we took the money that I had saved for a guitar and put it as a down payment for the car. I'd rather have the guitar...oh, well. Maybe shooting a new gun will make me feel better.
            The Lord is my Shepherd.
            I am His sheepdog.

Comment

So you buy used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collings-D1A-Gui...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Kahr PM9 (friend just picked one up with night sights for 620)
                Ruger LCP
                S&W 642 or the like

Comment

Originally posted by gapd01 View Post
                  I would stick with the glock 26 that is an excellent gun. If you want something different go with an airweight .38 or .357 for back up there great an easy to conceal.
                  Just got mt Airweight .38 ...I LOVE IT! Kind of tough past 15 yrd mark but darn handy in close. Super lightweight and small enough to hide ANYWHERE. The thing kicks like a mule with +P, I cant imagine shooting more than a few rounds with the.357. I got mine out-the-door for $463.

Go to the range and try it out.

Down side: -only 5 rounds
                  -accuracy beyond 15 yrds
                  Up side: -hammerless, wont snag in pocket
                  -practically misfire free
                  -WAY smaller than the mini-glocks
                  -chicks love it(not proven, but I love it so why wont the chicks)

Comment

Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec P11.

I've had the P11 for over ten years with no problems and a friend just bought the PM9 online for $529 and loves it.

The PM9 is a bit smaller, but holds less rounds (single stack mag), both great guns for IWB or ankle carry. PM9 also works great in pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by drjordan View Post
                      I have a Glock 17 that was issued so I carry a Glock 26 (that I love) as back up for obvious reasons. I was saving for a new guitar, but we bought my wife a car (funny how that happens, huh?). Any how, I do have a little $ left over and was thinking about maybe buying a gun that's a little smaller than the Glock that might be a little bit easier to conceal...that and I just want another gun.

So, I was considering a Kahr, but they are so expensive. Maybe I can find one used for less $, but what other suggestions do y'all have? I usually carry either on my ankle, IWB holster, or in a belly band holster.

Thanks.
                      I have had a S&W airweight for the past seven years. Outstanding BUG. I recently bought a one of the new Ruger LCP's. Nice weapon for the money. It is plenty accurate and dependable. Talk about small and concealable. Just my thoughts.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

k-9

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                        dont get the Kahr K9.
                        that was only because they modified it against the Kahr Co. recommendations.

I have a non-NYPD Kahr, my partners both have Kahrs, one in 9 the other in 40, and we have ZERO PROBLEMS.

When I first got the gun, I got it used, and some of the springs were worn out at it was having a feeding jamming problem, my armorer looked at it and called the factory, they send sent it back and they would repair it.

Gave me 2 brand new magazines, polished to feed ramp, replaced the spring, and since then i have put about 1,000 rounds thru it with NO MALFUNCTIONS whatsoever.

Ohh, and they charged me ZERO. All I paid for was shipping turn around time was about 2 weeks,

I was very impressed, they could have easily said it was used, and charged me whatever, but they stood behind they product and made it work.

I have a K-9 and am going to buy a .40 cal as soon as I can get the money.

Comment

I reccomend a used Kahr or find a LE price for one. I got my Kahr P40 for under $450. I also reccomend looking at some of the Smith airweights and scandium made revolvers. Scandium is expensive but with LE discount it's doeable and Taurus has a whole line of them too for less coin. I carry my Kahr P40 or my airweight J frame or my ruger sp101 357 all in inside the pant padded ballistic nylon holsters and at times in my pocket with no problems at all.
                          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

If you want another gun, buy another gun.

I haven't seen any that I would rather carry than my G26. It's my daily companion unless I am in uniform. Then it's big brother is with me (G21).

I have carried my P3AT from time to time and regretted it. I always felt less than prepared.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post

I have carried my P3AT from time to time and regretted it. I always felt less than prepared.
                              Really? I love to carry that gun. I bought a holster that looks like this "hoslter", and just throw it in my front pocket. Great if you are wearing cargo shorts and stuff.
                              "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5918 users online. 318 members and 5600 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X