300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a glock 27?

I own a glock 23. My question is, for concealment purposes, is there that much of a difference in size between a g23 and g27? A 27 is easier to conceal but does the size of the gun make that big a difference, or should I just save my money and stay with the 23?

Thanks

23 makes a great bug. I can't seem to find a decent vest holster for my 30 that doesnt protrude from my slim mid section.

Comment

The 27 is smaller. Try one and see if it does what you want it too. I have a 27 and love it. It is a blocky uncomfotable to shoot thing. But it shoots almost as well as my Glock 22. I love that funky little brick. Compare one to your 23 side by side and see if it's worth it to you. You can never have too many guns anyway.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check it out the next time I'm in the shop.

Comment

I used to carry my G23 as primary on duty. It was just too bulky for concealment. I went to a G27 and haven't looked back since. I have other suitable guns for concealment but I like the power/capacity that I get with the G27. Plus, it IS a Glock!

I do recommend that you shoot one before you buy. Some people have trouble adjusting to the size. If you are already familiar with a Glock, you shouldn't have any trouble.
          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

I would stay with the 23 and save the money but in saying that i do have a 27 and its awesome. I bought a mag. sleeve and a 23 mag. for my 27 and it makes the grip the same size as a 23 which i like. I was issued a 22 and that's just too big to conceal.

Comment

+1 for the 27. I love mine.
              "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
              -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

Ummm maybe or maybe not. I'd have to size you up and ask buch of questions....Duff Time in 50 min.
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Lol, well I'll try one out this weekend. I've only owned this glock, so I'm kind of iffy about getting a different type of gun. Maybe I'll try something different. Would it be wise to buy a gun in a different caliber? Or should I stay with one caliber?

Comment

Good thing about the 23/27 combination is the 23 mags will work in the 27 in a pinch. I have a 27 and carry it as a BUG. Its not the most comfortable gun to shoot because of the short grip but I tend to shoot well with it. I'll take results over comfort any day. I would get the 27 to complement your 23.

Comment

You cannot beat the G27 for concealment, caliber , and accuracy. (G23: on-duty)(G27: off-duty). If like G23 you will luv G27!!!
                      CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
                      FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
                        23 makes a great bug. I can't seem to find a decent vest holster for my 30 that doesnt protrude from my slim mid section.
                        Use a Belly-Band. I tried using a vest holster, but like you I'm a skinny bastard. With the belly band under my left armpit you don't even know it's there.
                        Last edited by 86-43; 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I carry a 23 on duty and a 27 off. What's really beneficial is that I can easily buy one holster that fit BOTH guns.
                          Last edited by GoldBadge; 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM.
                          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                            I carry a 23 on duty and a 27 off. What's really beneficial is that I can easily buy one holster that fit BOTH guns.
                            I also carry a G23 on duty and a G27 off. It's definitely convenient not having to buy separate holsters for each weapon. Though I am thinking about switching to the G23 off-duty as well, since that's what I have the most trigger time with. Still debating.

I'd highly recommend the G27 to anyone. In my opinion, there's no better CCW pistol out there. Also, the Pearce magazine extensions are great if you need a better grip.

Comment

I bought a pearce extension for my 23, though it doesn't really make a difference on that gun. If I buy a 27, I will definitely get the pearce extension.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5792 users online. 348 members and 5444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X