300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC144 View Post
    Ok, I'm not quite ready trash the Mini-14 yet. It still has its uses.

jwise... expect a pm for the specifics on ordering if that is the route that I decide to take.
    what you need to identify now, is what you expect/demand/require from your M4 platform; plinker, home defense, battle spec. gun, tack driver, ect.. Each identification will have it's corresponding cost, and only you can determine which are priorities. The tack driver may not be best choice for a battle gun; plinker is your Mini-14, home defense different from tack driver but could be same as battle gun. If you are patient and do your homework, you can get a very decent platform, and not exceed your $679 (by too much )

most people here observe the rule: buy once, buy right. you can compromise on a plinker, but definitely not on home defense or battle. buy the very best that your wallet will allow and you won't be sorry. good luck and welcome to the world of the Black Rifle................may god have mercy on your soul. lol

ps....good reference point leaning on jwise for info.
    Last edited by lalakai; 08-04-2008, 02:40 PM.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Ok guys I was convinced. It took a while to get everything together. CMMG upper and lower. I bought the complete lower at a local gunshow before the hysteria (election). I ordered the complete upper from aimsurplus the day after the election. I put an inexpensive UTG rear sight on it just so that I can put some rounds through it. The current economic depress....oops. I mean recession has put the rest of the toys on hold.

And here it is!

disclaimer: new camera, still tinkering with it.

Last edited by ABC144; 03-09-2009, 12:51 AM.
      ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Looks GOOD! Now, check the white balance on your camera setting, and set it for indoor incandescence lighting. Then, be sure to focus...
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
          Looks GOOD! Now, check the white balance on your camera setting, and set it for indoor incandescence lighting. Then, be sure to focus...
          Thanks!
          The focus was ok. The shutter speed was a bit slow and I wobbled. Note to self: Invest in a tripod.
          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
            Heh. There's one vendor on gunbroker who doesn't compensate for his bright red background on soviet gear and bleeds the blacks to a rust brown.

Would you pay top dollar for this?
            **Not a LEO**

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2927 users online. 147 members and 2780 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X