300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cc While Swimming?

OK, maybe I feel a little too attached to my weapon, but when my wife who doesn't swim wants me to take the boy to the pool I began to wonder how to carry while weaing a swimsuit.

Any of you willing to admit to this question going through your head at one time or another and what were your answers?
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Sure, I thought about it when walking around the waterpark portion of the local amusement park.

I will be picking up an Eagle LE Runners Pack. It's like a mini-fanny pack designed to hold your wallet, keys, phone, ipod and either a J-Frame or a G26/27. It would be pretty easy to stuff the important stuff in a dry bag and just put the gun in the holster (water won't hurt it).

Now if you are talking about carrying WHILE actually swimming, I don't have a good answer for you there. That's probably the one time when I am unarmed.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

They call it "tactical tupperware" for a reason

I kid.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

fanny pack eh? i'd rather be unarmed than walk around with one of those things on =) lol
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
          OK, maybe I feel a little too attached to my weapon, but when my wife who doesn't swim wants me to take the boy to the pool I began to wonder how to carry while weaing a swimsuit.

Any of you willing to admit to this question going through your head at one time or another and what were your answers?

Gimme a freakin' break ...
          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

i hide mine in my swim floaties
            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
            -Daniel Silva

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
              Gimme a freakin' break ...
              I totally agree.

Whatever floats your boat Zeplin.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Carry a Glock with marine (maritime-?) cups, if you want to use in water, FMJ ONLY! Oh, and use earplugs if your head is underwater.
                trainee

Comment

Sometimes you just gotta take a chance. Figure out the best option for the situation. A firearm may not be practical for a swim. Try a tactical folder with a clip. Enjoy the swim with the kid.

By the way, where do you put it while in the shower?
                  ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

How about a spear gun?

Comment

Does a bear crap in the woods? Come on now seriously, I mean I get taking the weapon to the pool, but while swimming, some times you just have to roll the dice brother. If someone suspicious comes in, get out of the water and make your way to you gear with your weapon well hidden, and keep it close at hand and away from any other patrons.

Comment

+1, your best defense is good observation
                        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                          How about a spear gun?
                          Can't be too careful I guess.

Or maybe ... a 2 round Derringer up the ol' Kazoo?
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I'm thinking it's going to be hard to hide in the speedo. Someone might wonder what you're packing. Fortunately for me, I swim in shorts, and I don't generally carry firearms under water.

Comment

Incase a high speed tube chase breaks out.......
                              He teaches my hands to make war,
                              so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                              Psalms 18:34

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5674 users online. 318 members and 5356 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X