300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2000 and USPc

I did do a search on this but Im trying to find it on google as well. If someone haves both can they take side by side photos of the HK USPc and the P2000.
    I would like to see the height and width of the two being compared.

Reason Im asking is because the nearest gun store just sold the HKs i was looking at. And on paper, the p2000 appears to be larger then the USPc.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
    I did do a search on this but Im trying to find it on google as well. If someone haves both can they take side by side photos of the HK USPc and the P2000.
    I would like to see the height and width of the two being compared.

Reason Im asking is because the nearest gun store just sold the HKs i was looking at. And on paper, the p2000 appears to be larger then the USPc.

Thanks.
    I had a USPc 357sig, I never compared it to a P2000 side by side but I thought they were the same size. I know they use the same mags and I thought they could use the same holsters but I may be wrong. I would say that if there is any size difference it is negligible, certainly not enough to notice when carrying one.

Comment

If you're looking for something that is smaller than the p2000 or USPc, look at the P2000SK. A bit more smaller.

I don't really consider the USPc to be compact. It has a little bit of a shorter barrel, but that's about it.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
        If you're looking for something that is smaller than the p2000 or USPc, look at the P2000SK. A bit more smaller.

I don't really consider the USPc to be compact. It has a little bit of a shorter barrel, but that's about it.
        I held the p2000sk and I didnt like it. Didnt feel to comfortable in my hands even with the magazine extension.

Comment

I own a USP Compact. I have held it next to the P2000. If I had to do it over, I would buy the P2000 or P2000sk. Reasoning would be the P2000 is slightly smaller than the USPC. However, the biggest reason is that the P2000 has picatinny rails where the USPs have the universal rails. You can't put anything on the USPs unless you get an adapter or buy HK brand stuff.
          My 2 cents
          "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
          -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

Note sure if you are interested in it or not, but H&K now has a 45acp handgun that is very similar to the P2000.....it is called the HK45.....

same set up as the P2000 (ambi slide release, no external safety ect) but it is slightly larger.....close to the size difference between a 9mm/40sw USP and the 45acp version.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

and the HK45 (and HK45c) has a picatanny rail...
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

So when is the HK45 going to be approved?
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I've carried both (in LEM) and they're nearly identical, size-wise. In the end, I'll carry the USPc until they make me switch to the P2000. I did a whole write-up over at the HKPRO forums that I'd be happy to post here if I can find it again.

Comment

Here are some side-by-side shots that I just took.

Comment

Yooper fi....thakn you that is exactly what I needed. I love HK. I love the USP and it fits me perfectly. Even the full size fit my hand nicely (was in Indiana w/gf and a gun shop was on way to her family so why not look).

So would you say a P2000 is just an USPc with some add-ons? And what you have is exactly what I want, LEM trigger in a .40 S&W

And if you can find your write-up that would be nice. I was actually thinking of joining the forum just to get this answered for me.

Comment

Here's what I posted over there:
                        ----

I have had an opportunity to spend some time with both a P2000 and a USPc (both in .40 and both with the LEM system), and I would like to post my impressions and see what others' experiences are.

USPc

This version of the USP compact has the LEM trigger system, which is basically a single action trigger masquerading as a double action. The effort to pull the trigger back from the rest position is negligible, and from there the trigger pull is the same for every shot. It's fairly crisp with a reasonably short reset. I like the sights, and the grip is comfortable to me. The only downside to the USPc is the proprietary accessory rail, but Picatinny adapters are available for around $20. It's not something I use often enough to worry about for the most part.

P2000

The P2000, as you know, is the "improved" successor to the USPc. It's basically the same size and takes the same magazines, but it's got an ambidextrous slide stop, interchangeable grip backstraps, and a universal accessory rail. The P2000 is also recontoured a bit overall - the shape of the slide and frame are noticeably different from the USPc.

Despite all these changes, the only improvement that made a positive impact to me is the Picatinny rail. I can't find a backstrap that makes the gun feel good in my hands, though part of that is the weird shape of the front of the grip which looks like it was designed for a three-fingered space alien. A Hogue Hand-All improved the feel of it for me, but not enough to make it as comfortable as the stock USPc grip. The ambidextrous slide stop I could give or take; I am accustomed to slingshotting the slide so I normally only use the slide stop for locking the weapon open. The front sight doesn't fill up the rear sight notch nearly as well as it does on the USPc; as a result I feel like I can't aim the P2000 as precisely as I can the older gun. My groupings tend to bear this impression out - my average scores are consistently higher when I use the USPc... with one exception. I spent about three months shooting a P2000 on a frequent basis, and at the end of that period I was shooting at 98-99%, score-wise. But after that, when I was shooting less frequently, my scores worsened dramatically (for me anyway), dropping to 90-95%. So given equal amounts of practice, I shoot better with the USPc.

The LEM trigger on the P2000 doesn't feel as nice as it does on the USPc. On the P2000, the trigger feels grittier and overall less crisp and the reset is longer. I don't know why any of that is, considering they're basically identical from a mechanical standpoint. Additionally, the ledge on the slide stop is more generous on the USPc, which makes it easier to use either for closing the slide or locking it open.

Also, I'm not fond of the P2000's looks. I don't know what it is, but the contours (of the slide especially) turn me off. Where the USPc's appearance is all business, the P2000 looks like it's trying to be modern art.

In conclusion, the USPc is the gun for me. On top of all the above, the USPc has never given me a moment's trouble with any kind of ammo, whereas the P2000 starts choking when I'm using dirty-shooting frangible rounds, after about a hundred rounds or so. It works fine with defensive ammo, but there's something in there that makes it not quite as reliable as the USP compact.

Comment

Thanx again Yooper....and thank you all for looking and giving me some advice.

Comment

we're issued the p2000 lem and it's a POS in my opinion. Trigger is aweful, too much slide mass and muzzle flip. The USP was better, and the Glock better than both for our purposes.

Comment

Oh and I forgot, the mag floorplates suck - they come apart when you drop your mag for tac reload. HK is working on making them stay together better, but nothing so far.... I have some pics of the problems we've been having with them. DHS purchased 40K+ of the nasty things....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5774 users online. 331 members and 5443 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X