300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Room?-Not Garage

I got approval from the wife to move my gun safe into a spare bedroom and set it up as my "Man-Room"

So what are things i should put in there? I'm thinking a table for working/cleaning guns, gun posters, out door posters, TV.

What else? I'm thinking i want it mainly for all my gear and gadgets non-home maintance related- and in my case, knives, guns and gear !!

are their specific tables meant for gun cleaning? i'm planning on a mat and a folding table for now. i'll need organization for ammo, cleaning supplies etc.

Wood laminate wall paneling, green leather high backed chairs, bourbon, dogs playing poker.

I have a similar setup, and I had one of those old gray steel government tables with the rubber-ish top that weighed a ton. Good table for reloading press, vises, spilling solvent's, etc. Also, you might want to custom build a table specific to your needs, there are lots of plans available on the net, google.

Plenty of light is important too.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-27-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

My "man room" is now much smaller, in fact it's a "man closet" now. We had a baby.

Comment

LOL, I have a man room. All my weight lifting stuff, Gun safe, fishing gear,reloading stuff and a work table for working on my guns and Bows. Plus a fair sized TV and stereo. I plan on lining the bottom of the wall with corragated tin and the top with wood paneling to make it a little more manly.
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Kind of a cross between this

and this

Comment

I am so jealous... Well, you better be ready for a party with all your O.com buddies to christen the "Man Room"!!!
            Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farrellsm77 View Post
              I am so jealous... Well, you better be ready for a party with all your O.com buddies to christen the "Man Room"!!!
              +1...I wish i had the space
              -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
              -Daniel Silva

Comment

I think a Keg-erator or a beer-tender is a must for any man-cave!

Comment

ive got one..

computer and desk, guns, tv, games, etc..
                  In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

I'm going to try and push my luck and go complete redneck- a camo wall stripe doubt it will fly as we just painted it, but i'm sure going to try- I have a buddy that's on shift tomorrow to check out the surplus warehouse to get me an old desk. I'm going to add one of those fishing rod holders and get them out of the garage and a mini fridge-
                    No need for computer- laptop is portable!!

Comment

Right now I have to use my living room to clean guns. I had cleaned my Yugo SKS today and my roommate came home a little while after and was like "whats that smell"... Hoppes #9. A suitable replacement for Glade plug-ins
                      He teaches my hands to make war,
                      so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                      Psalms 18:34

Comment

Hoppes is a manly air freshener............

Comment

Originally posted by suertetres View Post
                          I got approval from the wife to move my gun safe into a spare bedroom and set it up as my "Man-Room"
                          What does your wife say you can put in there?
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stuff into the man room to start with. I had a man room once for about three months then it was taken away. I was told I made too much noise in there on NASCAR days and we needed the space for people coming in from out of town. It was a kick in the shorts, but I still try to hang onto the room as much as I can.
                            Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

When I built my home, I purpose built my own "man spaces". One is my 4 stall garage designed for a lift and shop. The second is a combined home theater / my office.

No arguments from my wife as she got the rooms that she wanted. I really wish I had done a true vault room.
                              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6142 users online. 337 members and 5805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X