300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Glock supernatural?

Well if this question was answered in the Glock 19 manual, I will be embarrassed.
    But due to the nature of the internet, I am entitled to ask stupid questions. During a recent firing of my G19, I inserted a new magazine sternly after firing my last shot. The Glock fed a new bullet, from the newly inserted magazine, into the chamber and closed. I thought the only ways to chamber a round are to manually slide back the slide, or press the slide release. Is my Glock special, or are all Glocks awesome like this. Is this only a Glock feature, a DAO feature, or all gun feature and I've just been ignorant this whole time.

New gun owner...take it easy
    Last edited by NSAPoland; 07-26-2008, 08:44 PM. Reason: DAO, not DOA
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

My old 21 used to do that all of the time when I smacked the mag home. So no.....your Glock is not haunted.

Comment

It is also not unique to glocks.

Comment

All the Glocks I have shot do it, and I like the feature. I dont think I ever use the slide release on a Glock.

Comment

Was this feature designed, or a result of force applied to the mag. What other guns do it?
          Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Other weapons can exhibit this phenomenon also.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I think it just works out that way. Most Glocks I have seen will do this.But be careful.

While it is nice and convienent, if you constantly rely on the "slam it home and the slide goes foreward" method it could be costly. I would insert the mags with normal force and then release the slide, either with the slide stop lever, or by pulling the slide to the rear and letting it go.

I had a co-worker that failed to qualify on our timed course not to long ago. During the 1st mag change he slammed the mag in and the slide DID NOT release. He stood there, hitting the bottom of the magazine until the time ran out. If you rely on it, Murphy says it will fail when you need it most. Just my opinion.
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

My govn't issued Beretta does it every time. I'm a fan of it... especially when being timed while qualifying.
                1*

Comment

It means the slide stop isn't retaining the slide as well as it could, either because of improper fit, excessive wear, or due to excessive force being applied when you "slam" the magazine into place. Either way, this isn't good. Try inserting the magazine in without "slamming it" and release the slide either by "slingshot" method (pulling the slide back far enough to disengage the slide stop, then releasing it) or by simply pressing down on the slide stop with your thumb. I prefer the first method.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Mine does it about 50% of the time. The only thing I worry about is that the one time it does it and doesn't chamber a round will be in the one time I actually need it to.
                    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

My sig does this all the time and i HATE IT!!!! when it does this by habit i will pull the slide back and i pop out a round so i am one short when i qualify. Also my G21 has never done it but i dont shoot it very much.

Comment

It is normal. I don't think my G26 does it, but it may be because I can't seat the magazine with the same force I do on a fullsize pistol. My pinkie gets in the way.

DO NOT rely on it. It will bit you in the butt if you do. You should still train to slingshot the slide or release the slide stop.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Nothing new or unusual. The harder the whack the more likely your slide will close.

I got "scolded" on a range once for slapping my magazine. The instructor came over and said "we don't train for that." I said, "train for what?" And he said, "to close your slide by slapping your magazine." (I got into LE at a different agency.) I replied, "well, you just now gave me this brand new gun, and I'm shooting it for the first time. I don't yet know how much love I have to give the magazine to get it to lock in." He had an expression demonstrating a lack of understanding, and he backed away. I subsequently shot a 100%, and he didn't say anything to me about my new gun tests afterwards. Just rambling...

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                            It means the slide stop isn't retaining the slide as well as it could, either because of improper fit, excessive wear, or due to excessive force being applied when you "slam" the magazine into place. Either way, this isn't good. Try inserting the magazine in without "slamming it" and release the slide either by "slingshot" method (pulling the slide back far enough to disengage the slide stop, then releasing it) or by simply pressing down on the slide stop with your thumb. I prefer the first method.
                            My glock does all the correct methods, but I have to intentionally slam in the mag for it to do it itself. With normal pressure the slide will not catch the bullet.

Comment

Woah! Next time I'm at the range I'm gonna have my dad do this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4817 users online. 241 members and 4576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X