Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carried a 642 in a vest holster, until my agency went to Glock27s for everyone. I prefer the 642 as it sits better and slimmer in a vest holster. I moved the 27 to an ankle holster.
    I'm not exactly a wimp, but putting 50+ rounds through a 642 can start to smart. But its still fun.

Comment

can't beat a good revolver for back up or off duty carry. I carry my jframe 638 with good ammo either inside the pant or in front pocket everywhere when im off. I also carry a 3inch Ruger sp101 in 357magnum. Truthfully atleast for inside the pants holsters revolvers even the larger framed ones ride on your body more comfortably and are easier to get to the way the grips are "hooked" versus digging out most semi's. My next one will be one of those "Nightguard" 8shot N frame scandium 357's for inside the pant carry. To me they are the ultimate solution for off duty carry. The only real issue is that the ballistics of a 357magnum do not reach their true potential unless they are fired from a 4inch barrel or longer.
      Last edited by Nightshift va; 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

In my younger days, I tried carrying a K-frame, round butt S&W inside the waistband. It was very uncomfortable due to the cylinder width. I'd imagine an N-frame would be much worse and I'm sure you'd have to "supersize" your pants' width and belt to accommodate the change. Shortly after my "experiment", I decided that concealing a semi-auto pistol was much more practical. Let us know how the big revolver works for you!
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I carried a 640 and a model 60 as back ups and off duty guns for years. The 640 was exceptionally accurate I actually shot a better score with it than I did with my Glock 19. We issued some that were chambered for .357 the one I carried was just a .38 but it was a great little concealment gun. We finally were forced to carry the Glock 26 and now the H&K P-2000 SK. Both of which are fine weapons but not nearl as concealable as the 640 or the 60.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5405 users online. 329 members and 5076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X