300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster Concealment

Im looking for an off duty gun pref a sig and also a concealment holster. i would like some imput on where you guys carry your concealed guns and what kind of holster and gun you carry. i want a off duty gun thats light and pretty small easy to conceal and pref a 40 cal. any imput would be a great help.
    thanks

If your preference is Sig-Sauer in .40 S&W, you're limited to the P239 or the P250 when it comes out in the subcompact (.40 S&W) version. I own a P239 in .40 and will convert my P250 from 9mm as soon as the .40 caliber kits are available. Both are excellent weapons.

Because these have somewhat wide slides, I usually carry mine in either a Tommy's Gunpack or a pancake style outside the waistband type conventional holster. For the money, I like the Kramer "Belt Scabbard" and find it very concealable.

You can check them out here- http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=24

I've just ordered two new holsters from TT Gunleather that I believe will work out well. They are the "Snap removable" OWB Pancakes. They are very similar to the Spark's "Axiom" (not available for Sigs), offering the concealment qualities of regular "pancake" style holsters with the ability to easily take the holster on and off. You can see them here:
    http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i40.html
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

i carry a Kahr Arms PM9 in an IBW Don Hume holster. I also have a Ruger LCP with an IWB holster by bianchi. both are very comfortable to wear. i just ordered a Don Hume IWB with thumb break holster for my Duty Glock 23 which im sure will be comfy as well.

Comment

I use a rig similar to Pulicords with a Beretta Cougar or a Kahr CW9. I generally carry just behind my right hip, OWB, with a leather pancake style holster. Of course this varies depending on what I'm wearing or the gun. Sometimes I use a SOB holster, sometimes a pocket holster, sometimes a Kel-tec .380 clipped inside my pocket or waistband, etc, etc. Over time you'll find what works best for you.

If you are interested (or if anyone else is), there's a new guy on ebay that has an ebay store called Rod's Resale and he's selling Aker Leather seconds and discontinued holsters, mag pouches, belts, etc. at VERY good prices. I just ordered an Aker Bodyguard pancake holster, a paddle back double mag pouch, and a paddle back single mag/handcuff case combo and the total was $65 inc shipping!! $20 for the holster and $15 each for the other two. He also has some duty gear too - holsters, belts, mag pouches, etc.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rods-Resale

Comment

Kahr PM9 in a blackhawk nylon holster. I carry it set for appendix draw so I use an inside the pants holster and just place it up front.
          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

if you're going for the sig, use a crossbreed supertuck iwb holster. i think that it is the most comfortable holster i have ever owned. i use it for my p220 and it is great.

Comment

Also look at High Noon Holsters. It can take a while for delivery, but the wait is worth it. I own 6 of their holsters and have been very impressed. I carry my Sig P245 regulary in either an IWB or, depending on my mode of dress that day, an on the hip holster.
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I mostly carry a G27. Lately it has been riding in an IWB form J.W. O'Rourke www.gun-holsters.com . My OWB choice is from Wild Bill's Concealment. www.wildbillsconcealment.com It's a belt slide that is a part of his CCW #2 special.

Both are very comfortable and are good for all day carry.
                ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Off-Duty: Kel-Tec 9mm in a 10 year old cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster. Don't even know it's there.

And very soon either a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 or Ruger LCP .380 as a BUG in a pocket holster.
                  "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                    Also look at High Noon Holsters. It can take a while for delivery, but the wait is worth it. I own 6 of their holsters and have been very impressed. I carry my Sig P245 regulary in either an IWB or, depending on my mode of dress that day, an on the hip holster.
                    +1 for High Noon Holsters. I carry my Kahr CW9 in one of there Skin Guard holsters and use an Under Armor shoulder rig for my Beretta 8000D for work. Both of them are made out of their laminate material that looks like leather but isn't, which I like alot because it's very tough and easy to clean. They also keep the holsters made out of that stuff in stock so there's no waiting for them to make you one. The only thing is they're not boned to the gun like the leather ones so you don't get the same look. I think they work great and the price is right.

Comment

+1 for Crossbreed Holsters. Excellent quality and comfort.

Comment

I just received (3) holster/magazine pouch combos from TT Gunleather. They did a great job and I posted pics of the P239 and H&K P7 setups on another thread. Here's a pic of my OWB Pancake (snap removable) holster/magazine pouch combination for a Sig P250, with elephant trim.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I just carry my duty G21 in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster.
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=pulicords;1355681]I just received (3) holster/magazine pouch combos from TT Gunleather. They did a great job and I posted pics of the P239 and H&K P7 setups on another thread. Here's a pic of my OWB Pancake (snap removable) holster/magazine pouch combination for a Sig P250, with elephant trim.[QUOTE]

That is one sweet rig. If you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
                            Last edited by WC145; 08-02-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

He normally charges $85.00 for the holster, $36.00 for the (single) magazined pouch in leather. His website indicates $45.00 more for elephant trim on holsters, but he gave me a better deal. Initially, I ordered in quantity in simple leather and paid for it that way. He got the elephant hide in about the time he was set to do the work a few months later and gave me a on the "upgrade!"
                              Here's his website: http://www.ttgunleather.com/index.html

I don't think he offers belts. If you want to get a matching belt, here's where you want to go. The Beltman does great work and is fast. http://www.thebeltman.net/
                              Last edited by pulicords; 08-03-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5989 users online. 359 members and 5630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X