Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulicords
    replied
    These pistols (and the H&K P7s) are some of the best buys out there. Compared to U.S. officers, police in Germany fire very few rounds on an annual basis for training/qualification. I own a P6 (P225) and four P7s that are all 20+ years old and none of them have as much wear as my regular duty pistols have sustained in half that time.

Leave a comment:

• Norman
    replied
    I would say stick to the factory magazines. The only aftermarket mags I have seen for these are the promags, those are only 8rds too. I have heard that the promag p6 mags are okay and might be fine for the range, but I have a low opinion of promag in general.

Leave a comment:

• EricDel
    replied
    Great info thanks. I just called them, I just have to set up the transaction with my local gun shop. Does anyone know if you can get extended clips for these? 8 shot clip isn't very much for a semi-automatic, thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• blackhorse
    replied
    EricDel Do you see any problem buying used though? And about how old are these model guns?
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up a used gun. Just be aware of what you're getting and do a thorough inspection on it. Field strip it and make sure nothings broke, loose or so worn down it's going to give anytime soon. If you don't know what your doing, have a qualified gun-smith check it out for you.

I purchased a German Polizi trade-in Walther PP while stationed in Germany for $60.00. It was almost brand new, came in it's original box with 2 mags, one with the extended floor plate, cleaning rod and brush, and all the original paperwork. Since I got it in Germany there are no import marks on my Walther, and I've seen specimen's of the same age and history go for as much as $650. German police don't shoot nearly as often as we do in America. It's not a simple thing to take a handgun out to a range in Germany and start popping off rounds. And while they may have some holster wear, I'm willing to bet most of them have seldom been shot, and then only for their annual qualification.

I don't know how old these are, but if they were the ones the police switched to when they turned in their PP's, that was back in the late 80's early 90's, which is still considered young for a quality made gun like the Sig.

Leave a comment:

• EricDel
    replied
    Do you see any problem buying used though? And about how old are these model guns?

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    I had a regular P225 and sold it years ago. A stupid move and the officer (now a chief) that I sold it to, wouldn't sell it back. I bought one of the used P6 pistols from Dan's ("A" Grade) and for the price, they are a great deal!

Leave a comment:

• EricDel
    replied
    Hmmm I might have to pick one up if this is legit. Actually... I think I definitely am going to pick up one

Might not be my on duty gun since the dept I plan on going to we can choose whatever we would like, but wouldnt mind it for off duty.
    Last edited by EricDel; 07-31-2008, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Norman
    replied
    Yes, this is very much for real. These are not the P225's made for civilian market though, they are used German police P6/225's. The market is flooded with these right now, and they are selling like hotcakes. As a result, ALL accessories such as spare mags/ grips are stupid expensive. They are food guns though.

Leave a comment:

• EricDel
    replied
    Is this for real? I've never seen them that cheap.

Leave a comment:

• nkpd44
    replied
    great guns....a steal at that price.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    started a topic Cheap Sig P225

Cheap Sig P225

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/S...mm_Pistol.html

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2827 users online. 169 members and 2658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X