300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig P250

Would the Sig P250 be good for a duty weapon?
    I can't believe I do this for free!

I own one. They are very simple to operate, comfortable to shoot and accurate. I've had zero malfunctions and I love the DAO trigger. It's long (like a DA revolver), but very smooth and breaks clean. If you have any experience shooting revolvers you'll really like these. Many people prefer shooting DAOs like the Glock or Springfield XD with short trigger strokes. If that's your preference, fine. If you're new to shooting, I believe the Sig P250 might be even better for you to learn with. With it's three available grips sizes, you can find the right fit and when all four calibers/size conversion kits are available it will be the most versatile pistol available.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

IMO it is a piece of junk and I would stay away from it. We had 3 in our academy class and all three had failure to fire and double feed issues. Out of the 3 guns two of them ended up with broken extractors.

Comment

Go to the Sig Forums at: http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=674608412 and check out the posts on P250s. Like all mechanical devices some will fail, but overall the owners seem to like them and many have fired thousands of round w/o problems. I've seen all manner of quality firearms have breakage issues and would never base an opinion on two pistols.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Kokoro,

Whenever someone says "IMO," just remember that it's an "opinion,' and not necessarily a fact.

People look at situations differently and form an 'opinion' based on their own unique filters. Be prepared to hear from the sublime to the ridiculous, and everything in between.

Having said that, I have a new Sig P250. I've taken it to the range and pumped a couple of boxes of ammo through it, without any stoppages. Granted, I haven't put thousands thru it (yet) - time will tell.

But for now, I have absolutely no reason to believe that the Sig P250 isn't performing to specs.

Science trumps opinion. Each and every time.
          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

I carried one for a little while on duty. I like how it fits my hands, but I shoot a Glock better, so I went back to the good ol' Glock. Not a bad gun in my experience, but I did not shoot it a lot ,and personally I would never buy another one as long as they make Glocks.

That's all just my opinion so you should try to test one out and see if you like.

Comment

A couple of threads worth looking at if you're interested in the P250 and reliability issues:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...7621010431/p/1

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/6211059331

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5679 users online. 326 members and 5353 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X