300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help regarding my new CW40

I bought a Kahr CW40 for 370 (LEO price) a few days ago. Went and bought a 2nd mag and mag pouch for it today but noticed that the rear site isn't right. The right side is actually lifted off the frame a little bit and the site is crooked. This ****es me off obviously but now what are my options? I don't know what the laws or procedures are regarding returning a firearm that has not been fired yet. Can someone tell me if this is possible or do I have to ship it off to kahr and wait? Any advice is appreciated.

Treat it like any other purchase, go back to the place you bought it from, explain the situation and I'm sure they'll make good. They might swap it for another one since you haven't fired it yet.

Or you can call Kahr and speak to them, you may be able to send just the slide in so they can fix/replace the rear sight.

Either way, they'll be able to do more for you than anyone here.

Comment

E-mail Kahr here: [email protected]

Describe the situation as you have done here and expect them to give you a RMA # and shipping address.

I have found that with rare exception firearms companies have excellent customer service in this area.

Comment

From what I see

From what I see this pistol just has a dovetail cut in the slide and the rear sight just presses into the dovetail. If it is off center left to right it could be the sight needed to be shifted that far off to shoot to point of aim. Bad JuJu

Perhaps the sight just never got put in all the way, tap it with a punch and hammer till centered. That is how you sight that type of gun in anyway, tap with punch and hammer from side to side. Is the front sight centered on the slide?

If that is not what is going on off center rear sight I do not understand your description.

As for legalities the shop you bought through is not responsible for warranty work, but that does not mean they will not fix it or just swap the gun out with another one. If they are total turds they will tell you Kahr does the warranty and to contact them, I have not had warranty work done with Kahr, they might want just the slide or the whole gun back, they might or might not pay shipping. Shipping for you will be around $35 ups or fed ex to ship to Kahr, the gun shop can ship it via mail for about $8, or Kahr might send a prepaid shipping tag. Different companies all do it different.

If it was my gun I would use this opportunity to have Tritium night sights installed.

Comment

I had issues with my PM9s front sight. Shoot them an e-mail and they will take care of you.

I thought they had LEO pricing; I hate the guy I bought mine through (Lou Klein in Bowie, MD). 25 years in the business he touts; only because of trickery. I could have gotten my PM9 AND my 870 for his price. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Comment

LEO pricing.

Originally posted by AgentFox View Post
            I had issues with my PM9s front sight. Shoot them an e-mail and they will take care of you.

I thought they had LEO pricing; I hate the guy I bought mine through (Lou Klein in Bowie, MD). 25 years in the business he touts; only because of trickery. I could have gotten my PM9 AND my 870 for his price. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

LEO pricing is kind of a scam to make the sale. A gun shop can not offer true LEO pricing, they can only offer a discount over regular retail of an overprice product in the first place, they can not offer a factory discount and call it a LEO priced gun. True LEO pricing can only come direct shipped from the factory to the Police dept. not an individual officer. Lots of dept.s do this goup buy from Glock, and other companies but it does not come through gun dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              LEO pricing is kind of a scam to make the sale. A gun shop can not offer true LEO pricing, they can only offer a discount over regular retail of an overprice product in the first place, they can not offer a factory discount and call it a LEO priced gun. True LEO pricing can only come direct shipped from the factory to the Police dept. not an individual officer. Lots of dept.s do this goup buy from Glock, and other companies but it does not come through gun dealers.
              Never did the gun guy offer any LEO pricing. Said they don't have it. And instead charged me $200 + over going GunBroker.com price. And about 150 more than the local shop. For reasons not discussed I ended up going with him anyhow.... deal is, he is a rip off and furthermore I was unaware Kahr had LEO pricing (from the factory or not).

Comment

Seamor.... first thing I would do is return to the dealer and show him the pistol. There's a real good possibility he has a sight pusher. The sight pusher is a tool that secures the slide with a clamp and a movable screw that moves the sight. This would be the correct way to adjust the sight or replace it with a night sight. You don't want to be taking a brand new gun and be beating on it with a punch and hammer. If the dealer does not have the sight pusher, than call the number you have in your paperwork from kahr and advise them of your concerns. The pistol you got is the lower priced series, but the warranty should be the same.If you do happen to run across an older pistol witha drift adjustable sight, you want to use a nylon tipped punch and brass hammer. BTW: you DID get the gun at "Police" price.

Comment

If you got it free or paid a million for it, contact Kahr. They made it, they will take care of it.

I used the off-kilter front sight as a time to replace with night sights.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4285 users online. 241 members and 4044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X