300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Ruger LCP??

I know there are some other LCP threads out there, but I didn't see anything about this...

Two questions...

1) Is the LCP's slide supposed to lock back when the magazine is empty?

2) Has anyone had malfunctions where the spent round ejects properly, but the next round is not chambered all the way?

It's a brand new gun, cleaned and oiled...
    "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

1. No, the slide does not lock back on an empty mag.

2. No, never had a problem with any stoppages or malfunctions on any of my 2 LCP's.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

same answer

Comment

no on the slide locking back and no on the problems with the next round being chambered. check your ammo and maybe try something different?

Comment

Yes I experienced the same problem yesterday when shooting my daughters LCP for the first time. It would fire 2 rounds, eject and load the 3rd round ok, but wouldn't go bang. It happened every time. It was a disappointing shooting session to say the least. We tried two different brands of ammo and it happened to both.
          Got home and took it apart to clean and it was extremely dirty. Way too dirty to be caused by the shooting session we had just put it thorough. I cleaned it up and we'll take it back out. If it doesn't work like it's supposed to, we'll get rid of it.

Comment

broke mine in with 200 rds of cheapo winchester white box FMJ stuff. its dirty as hell but feeds perfectly.

Comment

Did Ruger recall the LCP?
              Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I don't believe that they recalled the LCP, but they did recall the SR9. I have had zero problems with my LCP thus far. I've got about 500 rounds down the pipe. I will not carry a gun unless I get about 500 trouble free rounds through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                  Did Ruger recall the LCP?

No.

No problems with mine, either. Works as advertised.
                  Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

shot 50 rounds well then i believe a combo of bad ammo and no oil caused a lot of problems for me... the gun wouldnt return to battery completely...

added buko oil and qualified sans any problems

Comment

I had similar problems w/ my Ruger LCP- it would fire 2-3 rounds then jam up.
                      I took it to Prescott and dropped it off. 2 weeks later I got it back in the mail.
                      The replaced the ejector and repaired the barrel.
                      Took it to the range and fired off a box of 50 w/o any problems.
                      It's a hell of of a nice gun.
                      Sometimes there's Justice
                      Sometimes there's Just Us

Comment

I fired mine right out of the box without any precleaning and had one Fail to Feed on the first mag. I cleaned, oiled, and polished the feedramp and have had no other problems after over 100 rounds.

Comment

I'm going to polish the feed ramp and take it out this weekend and give it another try. If it doesn't work this time, It's history.

Comment

500 rds and counting and no FTF's, or jams gonna put another 100 or so through it tomorrow. love this little thing!

Comment

Me, too. Beats the hell out of going unarmed in shorts & t-shirt.
                              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5378 users online. 310 members and 5068 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X