• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Lube...

Gun lubrication that is... get your mind out of the gutter

What do you like and why?

Which ones don't you like and why?

Rem oil? Break Free? Kleen Bore Formula 3? Hoppes?
    Currently in the Academy

Miltec without question. I find it works very well, and stays with the gun. Other lubes I've used (generics really) have kinda dried up or wiped off. When I use MilTec it impregnates the metal in the gun, and generally leaves the gun with a "wet" appearance.

The best way for initial application (from what I've been told) is to clean previous lube/dirt with solvent and clean the parts up as well as you possibly can. Lube all parts that you normally would on your weapon, then wipe the whole thing down with MilTec. Do this and fire 100 rounds or so, enough to heat the gun up. After this wipe the dirt down, wipe it down again with a very light coating of MilTec, and enjoy. If done properly, future cleanings can consist of just a general wipe down and light reapplication of lube.
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

MilTec or CLP
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

CLP for everything.
        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

hoppes ( lots of it for my off duty cleaning) and break free.recently ,though the grease from pastrami sandwiches ( Johnnies' in culver city,CA) seems to work pretty darned good too- mmmmmmm, "johnnies"........( starts drooling)

still keep my LAPD academy frig magnet in plain view -"oil your slide or you may die" !!! its a locked in mantra.
          Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-04-2008, 08:31 PM.
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I pretty much use break free/clp for everything......

Although I may have to swing by Johnnies to try out DOAs idea
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I used to use Break Free for everything.

Now I've started using CorrosionX on a gun, sort of to test it out. Google it and I'm sure you can find the website. Its claim to fame is that it supposedly uses polar bonding to cling to the metal better than oils/greases (and leave only a super-thin film).

It seems to cleam almost as well as Break Free. It cuts through heavy lead fouling in the bore pretty easily. If I had to say one works better I might give it to Break Free, but it's close.

It lubes better than Break Free. In fact I've even started putting it on the hinges of squeaky doors all around my house. I'll do my squeaky car doors next.

As for protection from corrosion, it works just as well as Break Free for me. I live in the desert, stuff doesn't rust very easily anyway.

Comment

I despise breakfree/clp. It doesn't clean very well at all, but I will admit, it is a pretty good lube. It does get everywhere though.
                Rem Oil works fine for pistols, bolt rifles and such. 3 in 1 oil also works, guess what the 3 in 1 means: cleans, lubricates and protects.
                Right now I am using liquid wrench dry-lube on my AR, it seems to be working quite well, but I haven't run a very many rounds through it. I use the dry lube on the bolt carrier and the inside of the receiver. For the bolt, I use a light viscosity gel called primis. It is an aerosol gel lubricant that seems to work really well.

Comment

Sentry solutions Marine tough cloth it is awesome!

Comment

Breakfree CLP or Rem Oil
                    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Break Free / Rem Oil.

I used TetraGun in the past on my HK and Kimber. Seemed to work very well, too.
                      1*

Comment

lubes and screws

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                        hoppes ( lots of it for my off duty cleaning) and break free.recently ,though the grease from pastrami sandwiches ( Johnnies' in culver city,CA) seems to work pretty darned good too- mmmmmmm, "johnnies"........( starts drooling)

still keep my LAPD academy frig magnet in plain view -"oil your slide or you may die" !!! its a locked in mantra.
                        "Your really a funny guy" "what? I make you laugh? You think i,m a clown?DOAcop38 ( from the movie goodfellas ). Look I used em all. Its like ice cream flavors. To each his own. For me it depends on mostly ambient temp, action, and what my target-game is. BTW theres a new chap aboard his handle is kraigwy, he's lookin for a back screw for his S&W mod 52-2 Thanks guys
                        Sully
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I use Break Free on pretty much everything except my 1911. I use Tetra grease on it.

Comment

Fp-10. Its better than BF and does a better job of corrsion protection over Miltec.
                            People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

I like the old military LAW for cleaning, RIG for lub on my Super Match M1A and M1. I use RIG to protect the finish on all my guns. In the summer I use RIG on my target pistols and in the winter its WD40. WD40, with duck tape are the two inventions that made this country great.

NOW: I was told this is the place for knowledgable people. I need help. I need to find the rear elevation screw for my Smith & Wesson, Model 52-2. This it the 38 Wad Cutter target pistol. I called Smith, they no longer carry them. Any ideal where I might find one??

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2563 users online. 140 members and 2423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X