300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any VZ 58 Fans in here?

I am thinking about picking up a VZ 58 and I'm just wondering if anyone here has one or has played w/one? I can get it new for $650.00 + shipping which is a hell of a deal. Another forum I belong to is offering them to their members at this price - everywhere else has em for around $800.00. They have folders and fixed stocked mods and both are set at $650.00. I was thinking about getting the fixed and ordering the folding stock from Tennessee Guns for like $40.00.

I really want the sucker but I'm still debating it...

For those who don't know what a VZ 58 is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLV9rd53vw This one is in full-auto
    sigpic

I'd rather have an AK.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

hehe already have AK situation covered X2... Some of the AK guys I know swear by the 58's and one AK fanatic I know likes his 58 more than any of his AK's...

I have untill the 30th to order and I think I'm going to make the plunge. The 58's have a last round bolt hold open feature, they are milled, larger ejection port, apparenlty less muzzle rise and the $650 price tag is below wholesale cost... ok I'll stop talking myself into it - thats what the rest of you guys/gals were for
      sigpic

Comment

so...its a redesigned AK?
        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

I don't know anything about the system, but I can think of half a dozen other platforms I would rather have first.

My next Comm-block weapon will be a SBR Krink.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

VZ 58 Tactical Sporter, and VZ 58 Military Sporter

The Czech SA Vz. 58 service rifle is now available from CZ-USA in 2 semi-automatic only versions, the VZ 58 Tactical Sporter, and the VZ 58 Military Sporter.

The Sa vz. 58 was developed by Ing. Jiri Cermak in 1956 and 1957, adopted by the Czechoslovakian army in 1958. and was produced by Ceska Zbrojovka in Uhersky Brod, Czechoslovakia until 1983. Approximately one million Sa vz. 58 rifles were produced during it's 20 year production run. As of 2007, it is still the standard issue service rifle in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

The new Tactical and Military Sporter models are manufactured by combining original Sa vz. 58 components with a new semi-auto only milled receiver, a new trigger mechanism and new fire control parts.

While the appearance of the VZ 58 looks similar to the AK-47, it was inspired by the German StG 44 and initial development was actually based on the 7.92 x 33. Mechanically, the VZ 58 is completely different from the AK-47, and no parts including magazines are interchangeable.

Differences between the VZ 58 Sporter and the AK-47

* The VZ 58 has a milled receiver, the AK-47 is stamped.
            * Even with the milled receiver it is almost one pound lighter than a stamped AK-47.
            * The bolt of the VZ 58 stays open after the last round in the magazine has been fired.
            * The VZ 58 has a more natural point of aim and is faster handling.
            * The safety is more ergonomic making a faster first shot possible with the VZ 58.
            * The ejection port is HUGE. There is no chance of an empty case getting stuck in the action of the VZ 58.
            * The VZ 58 gas piston can be removed or exchanged without tools.
            * The alloy magazine of the VZ 58 is half the weight of the steel AK-47 magazine. (.42 lb. vs. .84 lb.)
            * VZ 58 is easier to field strip.
            * The VZ 58 is striker fired unlike the hammer fired AK-47. This reduces the number of parts and possible points of failure.

The above was taken from here: http://www.cz-usa.com/news_events.php (they don't have a pic of the folding stock 58 up there yet.

Join www.theakforum.net and check out the Czechoslovakian Thread if your interested in this system, these are the guys running the special ($650.00) on the 58's, the special expires on 05/30/08. MSPR is $970.00
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12208 users online. 449 members and 11759 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X