300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite handgun caliber ?

Just for fun. I'm an advocate of shot placement and carry all of theses from time to time. 9mm , 357 sig , 40 s&w , 45 acp.
    9mm
    14.01%
    357 sig
    7.25%
    40 s&w
    37.68%
    45 acp
    41.06%

The one that kills................
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

.45 ACP.

Used in every war since Teddy was a Rough Rider!

but I would rather have a .22 than an empty hand.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

.45ACP hands down.
        The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

.45ACP without a doubt. Tough to beat that big, slow, hard hitting 230 grain Mack Truck!

Comment

.45 ACP, gotta love that big, fat, slow round!!! Makes big holes in bad people!!!
            Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

.45 is best, but .40 is a damn fine caliber as awell, best compromise IMO..plus you can stuff alot of em in a magazine too..
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

I guess I'll buck the trend and choose "E" none of the above. My favorite handgun caliber would have to be the 357 magnun.

Stay Safe

Fyr
                Forti Fors Bona

Comment

I'm a big fan of the .45, mostly because I like the way it shoots. It's a real smooth action, not like the fast break I get from a 9mm or .40

That said, if you pump a guy full of 9mm hollow points or .45 hollow points, you cannot tell one hole from another based solely on terminal ballistics. Not a statement I can back up, but I trust the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin Sponge View Post
                    I'm a big fan of the .45, mostly because I like the way it shoots. It's a real smooth action, not like the fast break I get from a 9mm or .40

That said, if you pump a guy full of 9mm hollow points or .45 hollow points, you cannot tell one hole from another based solely on terminal ballistics. Not a statement I can back up, but I trust the source.
                    Well, having shot one guy with a 9mm, and having seen another shot with a 45 (both with duty HP rounds), I disagree with you......

9mm left a dinky little hole....45 left a rather larger one....
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by fyrdog View Post
                      I guess I'll buck the trend and choose "E" none of the above. My favorite handgun caliber would have to be the 357 magnun.

Stay Safe

Fyr
                      +100.

Haven't run into a louder full-house (+P) round to this day.

I do like .40 and .45 though, too..... just not as much as the .357Mag.
                      1*

Comment

I bought a Sig P250 in 9mm just so I could later convert it to .40 S&W and .45 ACP. I guess this means I really prefer my handguns' caliber to be .40 and up!
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                          Well, having shot one guy with a 9mm, and having seen another shot with a 45 (both with duty HP rounds), I disagree with you......

9mm left a dinky little hole....45 left a rather larger one....
                          That's good to know. ^_-

Comment

Great posts guys. I personally voted for the 45acp but I am comfortable carrying any of those calibers. =Side note I almost made an impulse purchase today at the gun store......Glock 21SF what a sweet gun. LE price where I buy is $464 , not bad for the 13+1 45acp.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin Sponge View Post
                              That's good to know. ^_-
                              Not that the 9mm did the guy any GOOD I just prefer the bigger round.
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2612 users online. 137 members and 2475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X