Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.63x39 Ammo Question

TYPO in Title 7.62 not 7.63 hehe

Due to the increasing cost of ammo I am looking to purchase a few cases of 7.62x39 ammo.

I have been doing a lot of research on ammo prices and the best deal going right now is from Centrury Arms. They are offering 700 round cases of Hotshot 7.62x39 Soft Point for $125.87 (free shipping on orders over $500.00, I would take advantage of this). FYI: The sale does not show on their site yet when you add to cart but the rep told to mention the sale in the comment box and I'll get it.

I am wondering if the Hotshot ammo is any good? If it's not that great I'll probably go with 1000 round cases of Golden Tiger FMJ from ammoman for $195 shipped. Copes had some good deals on the GT but they are out of stock

I have never heard how Hotshot ammo is so I'm wondering how it compares to GT, Wolf, Branauls etc. Also I kind of wanted FMJ but I guess the Soft Point wont be bad - would cause more tramua on un-armored personnel but wouldn't punch through the hard stuff as well as the FMJ.

So,
    - Is Hotshot good stuff?
    - What would you rather in 7.62x39 - SP or FMJ or both?
    Last edited by krinkbusta; 04-02-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: typo in the title
    sigpic

Never heard of it either, but I look at my AK like a garbage disposal. As long as the ammo goes "bang" and hits minute of man at 200 yards it does what I need.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Here is product description from Century's site

Product ID: AM1401

HotShot 7.62X39MM Soft Point Ammo
      Discounts Apply! Receive A Discount on AM1401Until April 30th!

HotShot 7.62X39MM Soft Point Ammo (123GR)
      Berdan Primed / Non-Corrosive Steel Cased 20rd/box 700rd/case

http://www.centuryarms.biz/products.asp?cat=58&pg=2

The discount still does not show up but it is 125.87 per 700 round case
      Last edited by krinkbusta; 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Both hot shot and golden tiger work great in my AKs. Those and wolf are pretty much the same when it comes to accuracy/reliability. Just get whatever is less expensive!

Comment

Well I ordered 5 cases of the Hotshot... Glad to hear the hotshot worked great in your AK as I have heard that some AK's don't like soft point... I guess I'll find out when I hit the range w/it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krinkbusta View Post
            Well I ordered 5 cases of the Hotshot... Glad to hear the hotshot worked great in your AK as I have heard that some AK's don't like soft point... I guess I'll find out when I hit the range w/it.
            Yup. If it doesn't work out I don't think you will have any problems selling it!

Comment

AmmoMan.com just got an order from me. The best prices I could find. The advertised price is shipping included.

Have to check out that site as ammo is increasingly expensive. And I like to shoot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5948 users online. 279 members and 5669 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X