300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimber SIS/Rl

Any one out there have any field experience with the new Kimber SIS/ RL? I own a Kimber Custom TLE II and it is a tac driver. Was curious if any one has shot the SIS and their opinion. Kimber makes great 1911's so I assume this will be a great duty gun w/ streamlight attatched

The funky "SIS" cocking serrations would immediately cause me to look elsewhere. I don't like gimmicks on guns.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I actually really like the looks of the pistol. I also like the finish color that they put on it and the grips. The SIS cocking serrations are subtle but different from most other 1911's and put a distinctive factory touch on the pistol.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I kind of like the unconventional look. Maybe I don't play in the dirt and mud enough, but my hand strength has been more than adequate to rack a slide, nicely cut slide lines or not.

Comment

I should add that just because the pistol is a looker does not necessarily mean it is a shooter. I have never shot the SIS or handled one so as far as the serrations go, I am not sure how they perform as far as actual functionality. I am sure a quick handling of the gun would tell this. With all of the Kimber "hit or miss" or "MIM", blah, blah, blah arguments aside, if you get one that is a hit, I am sure it would make a fine choice for a railed duty pistol.

If you pick one up, be sure to let us know how you like it.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
            I should add that just because the pistol is a looker does not necessarily mean it is a shooter. I have never shot the SIS or handled one so as far as the serrations go, I am not sure how they perform as far as actual functionality. I am sure a quick handling of the gun would tell this. With all of the Kimber "hit or miss" or "MIM", blah, blah, blah arguments aside, if you get one that is a hit, I am sure it would make a fine choice for a railed duty pistol.

If you pick one up, be sure to let us know how you like it.

I've only played with one at a shop. I like the feel of it and serations are not a big issue for me. I spoke to someone on the phone at Kimber and they said you can add more to it through the custom shop if need be. Doubt it'll look as pretty though...

Once I find a spare $1400 to spend, I'll probably pick one up.
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I own a Kimber Gold Combat (no tac rail)

It shoots very accurately but it seems to be fussy.

Have you seen the same thing with yours?

Rev

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I have done some research and have found that many owners are reporting failure to feed problems and that in wet conditions the slide on the SIS is hard to manipulate but I think if you have the grip strength of a teenage girl you could still charge the pistol wet or not. No stores in my area carry the SIS yet so I haven't even held it to form my opinion on the overall feel.
                REV, as far as any problems with my Custom TLE II I've had none. I've been hearing more and more about Kimbers quality control issues. They are shipping out perfect pistols and pistols that have many issues and must be sent back to be corrected. It is all about which pistol you end up with. The failure to feeds seem to be limited to models under 4". I will post again when I come to a conclusion and make a final purchase. Until then be safe all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5213 users online. 309 members and 4904 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X