Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with gunbroker ?

Specifically with selling on the site? I'm going to be a Dad in about 3 weeks, and after evaluating finances and taking a look at some handguns that I rarely use, decided that I need to accept some losses.

Does anyone have experience selling on Gunbroker? I've thought about doing it locally through the newspaper but I'm a little squeamish about it. I've read over a few FAQ's, just looking for a positive story, if it's out there, to convince me it's a good idea

I've sold many guns on Gunbroker, and bought a few. I have nothing bad to say about it. You would be best served by doing a 7 day auction, starting in the late/afternoon early evening, because more people are on their computers that time of day. That way you should get lots bids driving the price up at the last minute. I would start your auction at only $1 and let the market drive up the price, people are leary of bidding on items with reserves and high starting prices.

The best way to decide if you want to list is to do a search on firearms like yours and see what they are currently going for, and watch them so you can see what their ending price is. If you are willing to part with your gun for what that particular make/model usually goes for, you can't go wrong.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by ThursCo View Post
      Specifically with selling on the site? I'm going to be a Dad in about 3 weeks, and after evaluating finances and taking a look at some handguns that I rarely use, decided that I need to accept some losses.

Does anyone have experience selling on Gunbroker? I've thought about doing it locally through the newspaper but I'm a little squeamish about it. I've read over a few FAQ's, just looking for a positive story, if it's out there, to convince me it's a good idea
      What do you want to sell ? I might be looking to buy another handgun
      sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
        What do you want to sell ? I might be looking to buy another handgun
        Yeah, there is a trading post here, just post your add there and let the boys see what you got 1st! There are plenty of us who can explain the FFL transfer process to you (if you have never sold online b4). I for one wont be buying as I am currently selling off several guns (3 gone w/in a month ) but I have a feeling many people here have a thing for things that go BANG/BOOM
        sigpic

Comment

Don't you have to have an FFL to sell on Gunbroker?
          "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
            Don't you have to have an FFL to sell on Gunbroker?
            I just checked the website. To sell a used gun, you don't. Some sellers list a new gun as a used one to try to circumvent that.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=93828541
            Last edited by GoldBadge; 03-04-2008, 05:27 PM.
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Reason for Editing.
              Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 03:10 PM.
              Work smarter not harder!

Comment

I've bought a few guns through Gunbroker, never had anything but good experiences. If the transfer is outside the state or the gun is new, you need an FFL, as I read the link.

Never bought one from Gunbroker inside my state.

I don't know what it costs to list a gun. My FFL dealer also works in my office, and he has the account at Gunbroker. He sells a lot of stuff.
                "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

My old FFL only charges $20 to ship a gun, which is a small hit considering how much money you would get than trying to sell it to local dealer or how long you might have to wait to find a local buyer.

Another dealer I found will ship the gun for exactly what it costs him, he trusts you to come back and pay after he ships it. Nice. Shipping it on my own would actually cost MORE than shipping it through an FFL either way. It all depends on the dealers in your area.

Comment

I have bought from Gunbroker, but never sold.

I don't like selling guns. I think I would only do it if the weapon in question was a total POS.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I also purchased but never sold on gunbroker. No problems with it.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13070 users online. 495 members and 12575 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X