300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 with light rail

What would you suggest? I'm looking at the Kimber Warrior, TLE, or a Springfield Operator of some type. I'm also open to any other suggestions. Your thoughts?

Nighthawk Custom.

The only reason I don't own one, is because I am too poor!

Checkout the 10-8 or the GRP Recon.

Once I get done with all my long gun sillyness I plan on doing a build on a Caspian Recon frame.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I have a Kimber TLE/RL II with a Surefire X300 on it, use 8rd Kimber Pro Tac mags and I think it is the best platform out there but I am biased.

Comment

+1 on Nighthawk Custom!!! I have one and couldn't be more pleased with the quality. We've got a few officers here with Springfields and their all pleased too, but some of our officers' Kimbers have really had problems involving poor quality control issues. If you're going to buy a 1911 type pistol for duty, my advice is to buy the best you can afford. Additionally, get the best magazines. Wilson Combat's newest ones are designed from the ground up as 8 rounders and are extremely well made. With nine rounds in the pistol and four magazines in a "quad" pouch, you'll be very well equipped.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I have the tle/rl
          sigpic

Comment

I have to say the Springfield Operator. I bought mine at about the same time my Sgt bought his Kimber Grand Raptor. Mine was more accurate and had better fit and finish out of the box. So much so, my Sgt sent his back to Kimber with a long list of complaints. He was happy with it when he got it back but was not overly impressed with Kimber's quality control. He spent more on his and his was a "custom shop" gun.

I don't know anyone with a regular assembly line kimber. I have held the warrior and hated the hard plastic grips. Another guy at work has a custom shop kimber also.(model escapes me right now) He likes his and has had no issues.

We carry Glocks at work but would carry the Operator is a second if allowed to do so. I have had a lot of offers to trade and sell the operator but I have and will continue to turn them all down.

Comment

Only 5 replies? I'm a little disappointed. I'm also considering the SW option out there with the scandium frame, I have yet to hear a bad thing about it. Any more thoughts guys?

Comment

I really like my tle/rl - never had any problems with it. 100% reliability, great fit and finish. Great ergonomics and great trigger!

Here is the only other input I can think of, a pic says 1,000 words

sigpic

Comment

I carry a MC Operator and have put over 1000 rds WITH NOT ONE MALF. A guy in my class had issues with his Nighthawk (FTF, ejections) after paying 1K more than me! The point is that try them out first before plopping down lots of money unless its nothing to you. No company is perfect and most make good guns. They are sorta like cars when it comes down to the brand name.

TGY
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

not for nothing but i own the Taurus 1911 with the rail and it shoots very nice at a fraction of the cost. Granted its not a Kimber but what really is.

Comment

I've been saving up for a 1911 w/ a rail for about 5 months now and plan to be able to get one in about another 5 months. I've been primarily looking at the springfield, however, I like the S&W and the Sig versions as well. I think I like the external extractor on the S&W and the Sig. I would aviod the Kimber, and I say that after carrying one for about 7 years now. I love mine, but I've seen so many buddies have problems w/ theirs that I'm convinced they have some major quality control issues. Hope this helps.
                      Col. Jeff Cooper said, “One is no more armed because he possesses a pistol than he is a musician because he owns a piano”.

Comment

Originally posted by RJMan12 View Post
                        I've been saving up for a 1911 w/ a rail for about 5 months now and plan to be able to get one in about another 5 months. I've been primarily looking at the springfield, however, I like the S&W and the Sig versions as well. I think I like the external extractor on the S&W and the Sig. I would aviod the Kimber, and I say that after carrying one for about 7 years now. I love mine, but I've seen so many buddies have problems w/ theirs that I'm convinced they have some major quality control issues. Hope this helps.
                        I do not doubt that you know several people who have had issues with Kimbers but I know many people with Kimbers (dealers included) and I have never heard of anyone having issues with a Kimber (I jsut dno't know anyone who has had an issue...). I have only heard very postive things about Kimbers and that Kimbers are in a class of there own. Just my .02 and again I am not doubting that you know people with these issues just as I do not doubt that people have had issues with every other single gun maker at one point or another.

My advice is to play around with the Kimber, Springfield, Sig and pick the one that you like the best - they are all top notch 1911's
                        sigpic

Comment

The new Kimber SIS Custom RL comes with rails.... I'm considering purchasing one...

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Video on the SIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugcxW1JQBfo
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a stainless Kimber TLE/RL and Streamlight TLR-2 to go with it. I haven't had any problems with either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12675 users online. 479 members and 12196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X