Clear All

• jdthor
    replied
    Believe i paid 869 for my 2nd one

Leave a comment:

• BiteThePullet
    replied
    Originally posted by Tapatio View Post
    I typically overthink things, especially big purchases. I was obsessing over weight (and inches) when in reality, the Daniel Defense rifles I was looking at are all nearly the same weight. Finally just went and ordered a 16 inch model. It's unlikely I'll be using the rifle for clearing structures but rather standing around outside. As such, the 16 inch will be just fine. If and when I get the time down the road, I can go the true SBR route.
    Understandable - believe me, when you are a poor college kid trying to get some solid black rifles, you begin to obsess over features v. cost.

You won't go wrong with DD, they are a solid brand.

Its funny, for 99% of users, I steer them towards heavy barreled varmint guns because all they will be doing is sitting on a bench and shooting. Yet everyone always wants the super-crazy ninja squirrel gun that will be under-utilized.

KISS - Keep it Stupid Simple

Sent via Shine Box

Leave a comment:

• Tapatio
    replied
    I typically overthink things, especially big purchases. I was obsessing over weight (and inches) when in reality, the Daniel Defense rifles I was looking at are all nearly the same weight. Finally just went and ordered a 16 inch model. It's unlikely I'll be using the rifle for clearing structures but rather standing around outside. As such, the 16 inch will be just fine. If and when I get the time down the road, I can go the true SBR route.

Leave a comment:

• BiteThePullet
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    If you're picking up a rifle with carbine length gas tube, go with the 14.5". For non-NFA ARs, I prefer 16" or 18" barreled ARs on mid length gas tubes. 16" barrel guns with non-adjustable carbine length gas systems are a bit overgassed.

They're going for 1.5" shorter overall length. A 16" barrel with a muzzle device affixed becomes longer than 16".
    Oh, I get what you are saying.....

No, seems pointless. Why would you want to trade off that much velocity for an inch of saved OAL?

Sent via Shine Box

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    Any talk in this giant thread about going with a 14.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device over at 16" barrel? I know it saves a whopping 3/4" to 1" on overall length but I can't stop considering it.
    If you're picking up a rifle with carbine length gas tube, go with the 14.5". For non-NFA ARs, I prefer 16" or 18" barreled ARs on mid length gas tubes. 16" barrel guns with non-adjustable carbine length gas systems are a bit overgassed.

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
    For what reason?

Trying to avoid it being an SBR? Still needs to be a 16", so you save no length.

Making an SBR? Then why have it "fixed"?

Your question is perplexing.
    They're going for 1.5" shorter overall length. A 16" barrel with a muzzle device affixed becomes longer than 16".

Leave a comment:

• BiteThePullet
    replied
    Any talk in this giant thread about going with a 14.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device over at 16" barrel? I know it saves a whopping 3/4" to 1" on overall length but I can't stop considering it.
    For what reason?

Trying to avoid it being an SBR? Still needs to be a 16", so you save no length.

Making an SBR? Then why have it "fixed"?

Your question is perplexing.

Leave a comment:

• Tapatio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SCSU74
    replied
    Originally posted by jwise View Post
    I FINALLY picked up a Colt LE6920. The standard by which all others are judged. At the sub-$1k price, they are a no-brainer!

Love mine!

Leave a comment:

• jwise
    replied
    I FINALLY picked up a Colt LE6920. The standard by which all others are judged. At the sub-$1k price, they are a no-brainer!

Leave a comment:

• BiteThePullet
    replied
    This should be a sticky...

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    Red dot is an excellent choice. If I were using it as a duty weapon in a more rural area, I believe that I would also use a magnifier of some sort, but as a range toy it is unnecessary.

For a sling - I find that one point are best for transitions between weapons, because they are quick to manipulate. Two point are slower for transitions, but can be used to brace the weapon with your support arm. Also, they can be quickly cinched tight, in case you need to run.

However you run it, that rifle, at that price - you will not be disappointed. I don't know if you are mechanically minded, but if you are, you will find that tinkering around with an AR is also a really fun way to spend time.

Red dot is an excellent choice.

I was speed'in through this here thready.......................

I see "red dot" and I dink of Alliant propellant.........

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    BUMP...

enough of baldies blabb'inz and b........bump'in!!!!........

Bump'zz

Leave a comment:

• OmahaOutdoors
    replied
    Very excellent write up. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    Bumpity bump...

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Ordered it Wednesday and picked it up from my FFL just a short time ago. Can't wait to take it to the range!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8801 users online. 389 members and 8412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X