Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I just ordered. Couldn't wait for them to get just the bolt back in stock.

BCM Bolt Carrier Group (MPI) - Auto

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...TO+MP&CartID=1

Last edited by NavyDavy; 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM.
    "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Comment

• Davy, BCM is known for very high quality parts and that is one of them. It is an excellent choice, and for a long time during the frenzy they were extremely hard to get. I am very glad that things are slowly getting back to normal.
      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• M4/ar-15

Since this post is for the neophyte, I won't feel too stupid asking this question.
        But, M4 vs AR-15 Carbines? Or more specifically as these designations may relate to the Daniel Defense weapons. Can someone tell me the difference? All the talk when I search seems to run in circles. I got all worked up about the JWise endorsement of the DSG Arms sale of the Daniel Defense DDXV, and when I went to the site, I saw the Daniel Defense M4 and M4 Version II. (links)
        http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...e-m4-rifle.cfm
        http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...-version-2.cfm
        At $200 more, I appear to get more in "add-ons" and a little factory gunsmithing on the rail system. Of course let's not forget the clincher: a full length plastic case!!!
        The DDXV is promoted as their "base model" carbine, and the M4s (both versions) are praised as "redefining the benchmark".
        Is this all hype, or is there value there?

Also, where would my $250 "Black Fund Card" go if I bought the M4 Versions? Suggestions?

The Daniel Defense site has more thorough specs on all three rifles, and all seem to match except for the add-ons (Stocks, Rails, case)
        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
          Welcome to the world of AR-15 rifles! The rest is just window dressing. Bill T.
          Those of us posting are not necessarily die hard AR/M4 faithfuls but know enough about the weapon system to aid this thread. But seriously Bill you are really stinking up this very fine thread. I can really see why you have been banned elsewhere. But lets not try to let your issues with other sites infect this thread.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hortbus View Post
            Since this post is for the neophyte, I won't feel too stupid asking this question.
            But, M4 vs AR-15 Carbines? Or more specifically as these designations may relate to the Daniel Defense weapons. Can someone tell me the difference? All the talk when I search seems to run in circles. I got all worked up about the JWise endorsement of the DSG Arms sale of the Daniel Defense DDXV, and when I went to the site, I saw the Daniel Defense M4 and M4 Version II. (links)
            http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...e-m4-rifle.cfm
            http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product...-version-2.cfm
            At $200 more, I appear to get more in "add-ons" and a little factory gunsmithing on the rail system. Of course let's not forget the clincher: a full length plastic case!!!
            The DDXV is promoted as their "base model" carbine, and the M4s (both versions) are praised as "redefining the benchmark".
            Is this all hype, or is there value there?

Also, where would my $250 "Black Fund Card" go if I bought the M4 Versions? Suggestions?

The Daniel Defense site has more thorough specs on all three rifles, and all seem to match except for the add-ons (Stocks, Rails, case)
            Thanks
            Are you serious? Really? Look again at the 2 links that you posted, and then at the XV.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
              With the LE discount from DSG, $958 is a great price. When you net out the value of the rear sight ($70) and the coupon for a railed handguard ($250), you're talking about a solid rifle with pedigree and some fantastic features (hammer forged barrel!) for $638?

958-250 = 708 (coupon)
              708-70 = 638 (rear sight)

UNBELIEVABLE!

ETA: I updated the first page with the DD info.

After you broke this down I went to the site and registered as LE. I'm looking for a personally owned patrol rifle so do you think this would fit the bill? I'm green on the black topic so I have to rely on other peoples experience in getting the right rifle. I was looking at CMMG since you all speak highly of them. Would a DD rifle be of comparable quality to the CMMG?
              If I had all the money right now I'd order it.
              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

• Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                Would a DD rifle be of comparable quality to the CMMG?
                Daniel Defense is superior to CMMG in just about every way. CMMG lost it's way during the big surge and QC took a nosedive.
                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Daniel Defense is superior, as it uses parts that CMMG does not (cold hammer forged barrels, for one.)

While I might not heavily endorse DD at $1150, if you can get it at LE pricing PLUS $250 rebate, it's a STEAL! Understand?

I have seen reports that CMMG got a little ahead of itself during the Obama-rush, but I do not have reason to believe their quality in general has dropped, or that the product they are putting out now is not worth the price.

With all the people out there who have purchased CMMG rifles, I would have expected my inbox to have blown up if they were not satisfied with the rifle I recommended to them. For the few people who received a rifle that wasn't 100%, the company has made it right.

I welcome anyone who has bought a CMMG per my recommendation and is unhappy with it to please PM me. I would very much like to know the status of CMMG's quality.
                  J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hortbus View Post
                    But, M4 vs AR-15 Carbines? Or more specifically as these designations may relate to the Daniel Defense weapons. Can someone tell me the difference?
                    When someone says: "AR-15", they mean the FAMILY of rifles that are the descendants of Stoner's original design. This includes the M16, M16A1, M16A2, M16A3, M16A4, M4, M4A1, etc...

When someone says: "M4", they very rarely mean the military rifle designated as the M4. They really just mean an AR-15 that incorporates the Carbine length gas system, and probably has a collapsing stock.

When DD says: "M4", they mean their version of an AR-15 with the carbine-length gas system. It doesn't mean anything to them, other than that. You should think of their use of the term "M4" as being proprietary and specific to a particular model they sell.

DD M4:

DD M4v2:

DD XV:

It looks like the only difference is the railed forearm, the VFG and the stock.

Does that clear up the issue?
                    Last edited by jwise; 10-23-2009, 09:44 AM.
                    J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• The last gunshow here CMMG had about as much inventory at the end of the show as at the beginning. All they had were their new DI models which I was impressed with. No more hex screws holding it together. Pinned like an FSB. Price was $995. Other end of the show a dealer had CMMG without DI for $795. They weren't moving either. Local dealer had a boatload of DPMS for $1100 and they were almost sold out the 1st day.

I do hope CMMG can regain their good name. Customer service can help a lot on that. I have had both good and bad experiences with their customer service, from the same person.
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Anyone heard about the new gas piston AR from STAG?

Comment

• I was told DPMS parts are used to make the DD. If this is true is DP rifle of equal quality witg the DD?
                          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

• Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                            I was told DPMS parts are used to make the DD. If this is true is DP rifle of equal quality witg the DD?
                            There is a really good chance that the upper receiver, lower receiver, trigger group, etc... that DD uses are made by the same company that supplies DPMS.

However, the BARREL that DD uses is hammer forged. The only rifles that use Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) barrels are LWRC and Sig Sauer, as well as Mil-Surplus AKs.

(There may be others, but they escape me)

ETA: Bravo Company Manufacturing has uppers available right now with CHF barrels, but that is not their standard offering, compared with the above.
                            Last edited by jwise; 10-24-2009, 04:18 PM.
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                              The last gunshow here CMMG had about as much inventory at the end of the show as at the beginning.
                              Man, that sure is a switch from a year ago. (And I'm talking about even before the election.)

I do hope CMMG can regain their good name.
                              Ditto, I have been troubled and a bit surprised to hear your reports about their problems. I can only hope that with the rollback in the market from when things were superheated that they get back on solid footing.

Comment

• IMO, CMMG was a decent middle ground maker that was a good budget buy. They really were never top tier IMO.

Also as far as CMMG or DPMS compared to Daniel Defense, quite frankly there is no comparison. Rifle makers do not necessarily or even come close to forging or milling their own parts. They may often be thought of rifle assemblers / finishers and the differences can be quality of testing and the proper assembly of parts. It is the fine tuning such as proper staking of critical area's etc. As an example this may be similar to a 1911 pistol. Several makers may use the same base Caspian frames, but assembly, fit and finish makes the difference. Hope this makes sense?

Having said that Daniel Defense uses better parts in general and the final prep fitment, assembly and QC is much better than either CMMG or DPMS.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10010 users online. 467 members and 9543 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X