Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
    You don't do that with the BAD either.
    Nope, but you are reaching through the trigger guard to release the bolt. Hey, have fun with it and knock yourself out. I shall abstain.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG View Post
      Nope, but you are reaching through the trigger guard to release the bolt. Hey, have fun with it and knock yourself out. I shall abstain.
      Wrong again.

Comment

• My apologies then.

When I read "the BADâ„¢ enables manipulation of the bolt
        catch using the right-hand trigger finger without moving the shooter’s hand away from fire control/ready position." and saw the pic where the part you press is in the trigger guard, I misunderstood how it worked.

Comment

• The BAD is not for everyone that is for sure. I briefly toyed with it while doing some helo shooting about 2-3 years ago. It was on Travis H's rifle and in its early prototype stage. It was an interesting concept (not exactly new, or created by Travis or Magpul) but I hadn't tried it out before. My partner runs the Phase 5, one piece version, and it has been giving failures to lock back from time to time on an empty mag. Too heavy, and / or angle not quite right. The final version released by Magpul looks even more slimline than their last prototype. I run a redi-mag, and will be giving the Magpul version a good T&E, but it will take some time of T&E before I will run one on a duty rifle.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• This thing is great. Unobtrusive and elegantly designed. Serves its purpose well. No more fumbling around trying to lock the bolt back. Those who are required to use a clearing barrel will find it much easier with this device.

Comment

• Nice Love to have one as I shoot lefty. Are they availible anywhere? Magpuls site says coming soon.
              -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
              -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                Nice Love to have one as I shoot lefty. Are they availible anywhere? Magpuls site says coming soon.
                I'm sorry to this, but it is next to useless for lefties. An extended bolt release with out the lever going to the right side will probably work better, but it will require your trigger finger to enter the trigger guard to release the bolt.

Comment

• Picked up a couple of BAD's today. Put one on my current Noveske based build that I am working on, and the other will go on my duty rifle if it works out well. I will say that having played with the original prototypes and the Phase 5 model, this BAD is very light, which it needs to be. I have heard positive response about its durability also, so we will see.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Can I get a picture of the right side of the rifle? I'd like to see how close the mag release is from the BAD lever.
                    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      Can I get a picture of the right side of the rifle? I'd like to see how close the mag release is from the BAD lever.
                      Locked Back

Bolt forward

Comment

• Interesting... I think I like it.
                        J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Hhhhmmm, ok. My objections are not as strong now. From the Magpul website, it looked like you would press in towards the rifle to activate it, not down. And it looked like it did not extend out from the side. Hence my comment about sticking your trigger finger into the trigger guard to release the bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                            Interesting... I think I like it.
                            Getting off the current subject. I found out last week why your always harping about the proper staking of the gas key. During requals, my dept issued AR was not working properly due to poor staking of the screws.
                            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG View Post
                              Hhhhmmm, ok. My objections are not as strong now. From the Magpul website, it looked like you would press in towards the rifle to activate it, not down. And it looked like it did not extend out from the side. Hence my comment about sticking your trigger finger into the trigger guard to release the bolt.
                              I was unsure as well, thus the reason I asked the question...
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                                Assuming you are right handed, how do you do perform reloads on an AR-15?
                                Not sure why the BAD is necessary. I've been in the Infantry for almost seven years now and have been married to the M-4 since Basic/Infantry School. If it's a reload, drop magazine with right index finger, bolt is already locked to rear, insert new magazine with left hand and release bolt with left thumb, continue mission.

If it's an initial load, insert magazine, pull charging handle and release (round will chamber), ready to roll.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 248 members and 4676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X