Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! The Magpul BAD has finally been released. Out of many AR-15 accessories, this is one of the few that I have been anticipating and looking forward to. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few before they get sold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
      WOW! The Magpul BAD has finally been released. Out of many AR-15 accessories, this is one of the few that I have been anticipating and looking forward to. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few before they get sold out.

No thanks. I am a firm believer that the trigger finger is for one thing and one thing only.

Comment

• The Ruger SR556 is a piston-operated rifle, which makes it a completely different beast.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I was at Trexpo and talking to a local dealer about them. He offered to bring one out for me to shoot, then he pointed to the Bushmaster piston driven one and offered to bring it out as well. He pointed to a guy and said he was the Bushmaster rep. So after playing with the Ruger for a bit, I walked over to play with the Bushmaster. The Rep bad mouthed Ruger a bit about the quad rails and how they add weight, not needed, yadda yadda. I said, but yours is heavier. He said, "No it's not!" So we grabbed both, played with them side by side and he said, "Hhhmmm, I think your right." LOL

Might be not be heavier, but the Riger is definitely balanced better. I can get one for $1399, and am tempted.

Comment

• You know, I had ordered a CMMG (another one ) last Dec with a SS barrel and have not heard a squeak about it. Remember emailing CMMG about it and every time I get the standard reply that they will let me know when it goes into prod. Almost a year here. Even GM can make a GOOD car in a year?
            Anyone here ordered one of these and waiting also? It is a SS barrel middy, just the upper.

Comment

• Originally posted by AviatorDoc View Post
              You know, I had ordered a CMMG (another one ) last Dec with a SS barrel and have not heard a squeak about it. Remember emailing CMMG about it and every time I get the standard reply that they will let me know when it goes into prod. Almost a year here. Even GM can make a GOOD car in a year?
              Anyone here ordered one of these and waiting also? It is a SS barrel middy, just the upper.
              Did you have an EGRESS bolt upgrade with it? I had ordered the upgrade but I guess the parts they needed were on backorder or something. As soon as I canceled the EGRESS my upper went into production.
              sigpic

In Memory
              Officer J. Sanders
              EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
                Don't get me wrong, it's a well spec'd rifle for a great price, but it suffers from bolt carrier tilt, which is unacceptable to me.
                Never heard of that, can you elaborate.

Comment

• At the gun show here last week, CMMG had a new piston setup that was IMHO a heck of a lot more impressive than the original one they offered for 2 reasons. First it was pinned in place like the forward sight post instead of using four hex screws that seem to work their way loose. Second the price, $999 for a complete rifle with this setup. Can't say how it performs, but I think it could be a winner.
                  sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG View Post
                    Never heard of that, can you elaborate.
                    Try this thread on the 556. We discuss carrier tilt. The Ruger 556 IMO did not address this issue correctly, and for a duty or battle rifle, the carrier tilt issue is more than valid.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ight=ruger+556

Originally posted by William T
                    I don't think the rifle has been out long enough to have been tested to satisfaction. The whole "tilt" issue has been overplayed.
                    They have been out long enough for many Ruger owners to have the typical "carrier tilt" wear that is common to many drop in kit, or other rifles who maintain the typical AR piston design. As far as the "tilt" issue being overplayed? It is very real and people have experienced failures due to it. I don't want, or need extra stress on my receiver or buffer tube area, especially in a duty or battle rifle.

Originally posted by William T
                    I've been running 2 LWRC piston rifles and have had zero issues with either of them. Dealing with the mess D.I. guns are infamous for is a far greater issue. Everyone I know of who has purchased a piston rifle will never buy another D.I. gun. That alone should say something. As with most guns, the biggest critics come from the people who don't own or shoot them. Bill T.
                    It isn't fair to compare the LWRC to the Ruger. Pop open your LWRC and look at the bolt design compared to the Ruger or others. LWRC seems to have addressed the issue a bit better. I guess you really don't know me, but I often shoot piston rifles, however the last 3 rifles I have purchased and the current two that I am building are your typical gas DI types. Send me off to battle, and I will opt for the DI over the piston AR/M4 type.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennedyford
                      With that being said are there not conversions for the standard gas to piston? Sorry for my ignorance in advance.
                      Yes there are "drop in" kits, to retro a DI rifle to a piston driven. Or there are full replacement uppers.

I really like the idea of a good reliable piston rifle, however the majority of the conversions or complete rifles are not designed correctly. As mentioned LWRC seems to be the best out there right now. However they are not exactly cheap, which is why many opt for the cheaper, poorer designed options, which do not properly address the issues in the design.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Surf is correct, as usual...

This is the bolt carrier for my LWRC.

Notice the bulge in the rear of the bolt carrier? It is designed that way to obviate the tilt effect.
                        J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• For that and other reasons, I kept this thread limited to the DI offerings.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

No thanks. I am a firm believer that the trigger finger is for one thing and one thing only.
                            Assuming you are right handed, how do you do perform reloads on an AR-15?

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                              Assuming you are right handed, how do you do perform reloads on an AR-15?
                              Well, I certainly don't reach through the trigger guard and press the mag release.

Comment

Well, I certainly don't reach through the trigger guard and press the mag release.
                                You don't do that with the BAD either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9395 users online. 533 members and 8862 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X