300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
    Does it make that noise when assembled? I've noticed many new guns do that, specifically ones with commercial receiver extensions.

I first noticed it with the rifle assembled, when I pulled back the charging handle. At first I thought maybe it was either the charging handle rubbing on the buttstock, or the buffer & spring inside the buffer tube. However, if I open it up and move the bolt carrier manually, I still hear it. So, it seems to be the bolt carrier rubbing on the upper reciever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
      I first noticed it with the rifle assembled, when I pulled back the charging handle. At first I thought maybe it was either the charging handle rubbing on the buttstock, or the buffer & spring inside the buffer tube. However, if I open it up and move the bolt carrier manually, I still hear it. So, it seems to be the bolt carrier rubbing on the upper reciever.
      A few hundred rounds should take care of that issue.

Comment

A few hundred rounds should take care of that issue.
        That's what I'm banking on

Just to be sure, I'll stick to 5.56mm pressure ammo until it goes away.

Comment

• CMMG reduces product offerings

It seems that CMMG is reducing their product line in order to focus on their large backlog. They have removed stainless and lightweight barrels, uppers and firearms from their website. Based on what I read on the CMMG forum on AR15.com, They intend to fill the backorders for these items, but not accept orders for these items.

I am hoping that posting this where we can all share the information will keep us from deluging them with individual emails. I'm having difficulty signing up for AR15.com, so maybe someone wants to get confirmation from CMMG published publicly over there.

Comment

• Ohh... Shot and zeroed my ironsights and my Aimpoint Micro T-1 for the first time today. Like a dream. Like a dream! That Aimpoint is a beautiful piece of gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris falk View Post
              It seems that CMMG is reducing their product line in order to focus on their large backlog. They have removed stainless and lightweight barrels, uppers and firearms from their website. Based on what I read on the CMMG forum on AR15.com, They intend to fill the backorders for these items, but not accept orders for these items.

I am hoping that posting this where we can all share the information will keep us from deluging them with individual emails. I'm having difficulty signing up for AR15.com, so maybe someone wants to get confirmation from CMMG published publicly over there.

I take full responsibility for this. Sorry guys. I shouldn't have spread the word about them so far and wide...
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Can someone walk me through the process, including costs involved and what companies to talk to, in buying a shorty barrel for my AR?
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                  Can someone walk me through the process, including costs involved and what companies to talk to, in buying a shorty barrel for my AR?
                  Just buying a barrel? Find a vendor with it in stock and buy it.

Buying the barrel and ensuring everything is LEGAL? Click the link titled "NFA Trusts" in jwise's signature line.

Comment

• Okay guys, question.....

Was shooting my new AR this weekend and ran into a problem. Every 10 or 15 rounds, I would get a jam. Bolt would go fully into battery, (or would appear so), when I would pull the trigger (with round chambered) the weapon would only dry fire. When I would pull on the charging handle to eject the cartridge the bolt was stuck in the forward (apparently in battery) position. The only way to get the cartridge out was to strike the butt on a hard surface. On inspecting the cartridge I couldn't see any visible abnormalities on the surface and the primer was undimpled. I measured the case length and width vs. a cartridge that cycled fine and couldn't find a difference.

I was able to recreate the jam in the shop. It appears that the bolt does not want to unlock. Once the bolt unlocks in has no problem extracting and ejecting the case. I don't know why it has a difficult time unlocking, and no idea why it works fine on most, and jams up on a few.

This ammo is self reloaded, once fired .223 cases. Cases have not been trimmed, but were checked for length and were fine.

Thoughts?
                    sigpic

In Memory
                    Officer J. Sanders
                    EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• Bingo here is the problem.

This ammo is self reloaded, once fired .223 cases. Cases have not been trimmed, but were checked for length and were fine.

Some companies like DPMS and Olympic arms use a tight chamber on thier barrels to squeeze extra accuracy out of them. Make sure you are using a small base sizing die and size the case till it bottoms out on the shell holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                        Bingo here is the problem.

Some companies like DPMS and Olympic arms use a tight chamber on thier barrels to squeeze extra accuracy out of them. Make sure you are using a small base sizing die and size the case till it bottoms out on the shell holder.
                        ^ What he said. Run a few hundred rounds of factory ammo throughit first to check function.

Comment

^ What he said. Run a few hundred rounds of factory ammo throughit first to check function.
                          Thanks guys, will do.
                          sigpic

In Memory
                          Officer J. Sanders
                          EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveNC
                            JWise,

This thread has become a bit of a monster (in a good way), so I may have missed the answer to my question if it was already posted. If so, my apologies...

I have an M&P-15T that I use as a patrol rifle. I love the thing, but am considering getting a new trigger assembly. The stock one is okay, but I'd like one with a smoother and lighter pull. Recommendations? Price is a consideration....

TIA...

Steve
                            For a duty rifle, I would stick with the stock trigger. You could possibly send it to Bill Springfield to clean up the trigger action some.

If you absolutely feel the need to change out the trigger, look for a Geissele SSA trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveNC
                              JWise,

This thread has become a bit of a monster (in a good way), so I may have missed the answer to my question if it was already posted. If so, my apologies...

I have an M&P-15T that I use as a patrol rifle. I love the thing, but am considering getting a new trigger assembly. The stock one is okay, but I'd like one with a smoother and lighter pull. Recommendations? Price is a consideration....

TIA...

Steve
                              In general, I would suggest you do not change the trigger in a patrol rifle. This is just generally good advice.

However, I like 2-stage triggers. Reliability is paramount, but price is a consideration for me as well. I chose the Rock River Arms 2-stage National Match trigger, which is a NON-adjustable trigger. That is important, because adjustable triggers are a recipe for disaster (in my experience.) I have several of these triggers, and have never had any problems with them. They sell for about $125, which is half the price of the next best option (KAC 2-stage.)
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                                In general, I would suggest you do not change the trigger in a patrol rifle. This is just generally good advice.
                                In addition, be VERY cautious when changing trigger weight on duty weapons--I'm sure it could get you in trouble, if policy doesn't specifically allow it. Maybe it shouldn't but it could, and is it worth it? Check and double check first, and get it in writing.

That being said, I have an M&P-15T with an aftermarket trigger (non-adjustable) that is incredibly light (think <2 lbs, and probably <1lb...) It is always a surprise when the rifle goes "bang"--and it has helped me shoot more accurately. I don't anticipate ever using it as a patrol rifle though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7235 users online. 381 members and 6854 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X