300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bandscar View Post
    You will love your Aimpoint. They make quality equipment and I'm sure you'll have no problem setting it up.

Personally, I like Larue mounts for my Aimpoints. I've only got 3 but each one was well worth the money.
    I actually ordered from LaRue.. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mill1ion View Post
      I actually ordered from LaRue.. Looking forward to it.
      This is my first dealing with LaRue, but it's looking pretty impressive so far. The rep on the phone spent a lot of time helping sort out what I wanted. They got the stuff right out to me muy pronto. I mounted it to the rifle tonight and it seems really solid. The finish is nice and the lettering very professional. The instructions called for locktight on the ring screws, and they provided the locktight (and the wrenches). Looks great and like it's going to work as good as it looks. First rate all around. Proof will be in the pudding when I take it to the range, but I have complete confidence at this point.

Comment

• Maybe I'm dense, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the focus adjustment works on the Meopta K-dot, and I'm afraid to try anything with too much force lest I break it.

Does the rubber ring at the eyepiece turn, slide in & out, or come off to reveal the actual adjustment control? Or none of the above...

Comment

• I think it turns. I actually got my K-Dot pre-owned, and the rubber ring had already come off.
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
            I think it turns. I actually got my K-Dot pre-owned, and the rubber ring had already come off.

So whatever was under the rubber ring on yours turns? Easily, or like it wasn't meant to?

Comment

• Finally was able to get an upper receiver. should be here on tuesday. I couldnt wait any longer so i ordered a BCM 16" mid length upper. i already have a BCM BCG and CMMG stripped lower, rock river arms lower parts kit and magpul CRT stock. cant wait to get it all together.
              If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
                So whatever was under the rubber ring on yours turns? Easily, or like it wasn't meant to?
                I believe it turns, but not easily.
                J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                  Finally was able to get an upper receiver. should be here on tuesday. I couldnt wait any longer so i ordered a BCM 16" mid length upper. i already have a BCM BCG and CMMG stripped lower, rock river arms lower parts kit and magpul CRT stock. cant wait to get it all together.

Speaking of "finally", I got an email notification from UPS that CMMG is shipping me a package to arrive on the 27th. Hopefully that's the upper of the complete rifle originally ordered last July.

Now I'll have two new AR's to shoot next weekend. Christmas in July

Comment

Speaking of "finally", I got an email notification from UPS that CMMG is shipping me a package to arrive on the 27th. Hopefully that's the upper of the complete rifle originally ordered last July.

Now I'll have two new AR's to shoot next weekend. Christmas in July
                    Ant day at the range is a good day....enjoy.
                    I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• BCM is good to go.
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Gentlemen....

Today, a small brown box appeared on my doorstep. After 6 months of waiting, I finally have my complete CMMG rifle!

JWise, thanks for this thread, this thread and all the great advice from everyone made me choose CMMG.

(Sorry for the bad picture)

sigpic

In Memory
                        Officer J. Sanders
                        EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• Congratulations!! Now go shoot the p[i]ss out of it!
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                            Congratulations!! Now go shoot the p[i]ss out of it!
                            Trust me, not a problem!
                            sigpic

In Memory
                            Officer J. Sanders
                            EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• CMMG shipped my upper to the gun shop through which they had previously shipped my lower, which is closed on Mondays but I picked it up yesterday. Last night I had both the CMMG rifle and Colt carbine open for clean & lube in preparation for initial firing (looking like probably Friday).

I've noticed that on the CMMG, the bolt carrier moving in the upper makes a zipper-like friction noise that the Colt does not. Still does it with Tetra grease applied. I don't recall my old AR doing this when I first built it 20 years ago, but can't be sure after all this time. I'm assuming this is some difference in surface smoothness between the Colt & CMMG, and will go away when the rifle is broken it. Hopefully it won't be a reliability problem.

As a side note, both rifles seem to have been test-fired by the manufacturer and don't seem to have been cleaned afterwards. The Colt had grease in places on the bearing parts (and also random spots on the outside) and was dripping in some sort of oil throughout the rest of the mechanism. The CMMG has a pretty heavy but uneven amount of grease on the bolt (inside the carrier) but was otherwise seemingly dry throughout. No biggie, since I'd always clean & lube a new weapon before firing anyway, but a noticable difference.

Comment

I've noticed that on the CMMG, the bolt carrier moving in the upper makes a zipper-like friction noise that the Colt does not. Still does it with Tetra grease applied. I don't recall my old AR doing this when I first built it 20 years ago, but can't be sure after all this time. I'm assuming this is some difference in surface smoothness between the Colt & CMMG, and will go away when the rifle is broken it. Hopefully it won't be a reliability problem.
                                Does it make that noise when assembled? I've noticed many new guns do that, specifically ones with commercial receiver extensions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9822 users online. 464 members and 9358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X