300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
    Haha!! I guess you should have read it all the way through, first!
    Yep, my bad. 53 pages. though (more now that longwinded little ol' me is here).

Originally posted by jwise View Post
    No. You can adjust the optic within the range of the two rings back and forth a bit. In addition, you can mount the SPR mount all the way forward. I have my SPR-E mount NOT all the way forward, and have my optic perfectly centered in the rings. There is play in there, so all is not lost...
    That's a relief - those mounts are pricey!

Get what is available and what is comfortable. I like the full panels on the bottom and sides, and just the ladder on top (ladder is cheaper and my hand doesn't touch the top.)
    How do these attach to the rail? Are they secure?

WELCOME!
    Thanks! And thanks again for the great guide!

Comment

• LaRue may or may not let you exchange the SPR for the SPR-E. I don't know.

The M4 stock is longer than the old CAR stock. I believe it is the same length as the A2 stock when extended, or VERY close to it.

Is Silver State Armory considered quality?
      Yes.

Same question on Prvi,
      Yes, very good stuff.

One more question comes to mind (probably be a lot more as I go along)... will the Colt need the o-ring thing?
      "Need?" No. Could it benefit from it? Yes.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Rail panels slide on from the front, and ladder rail covers just pop on over the top. No biggie.
        J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Yes the Daniel Defense rails are free float as well as the Clark carbon fiber tubes.

The M4 stock extended out all the way is not as long as the A2. It is closer to an A1 stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
            Yes the Daniel Defense rails are free float as well as the Clark carbon fiber tubes.

The M4 stock extended out all the way is not as long as the A2. It is closer to an A1 stock.
            Negative, ghostrider. If you want to disagree, post up some stats or pics. I have both, and have a picture somewhere of the two rifles propped up next to each other with the receivers in approximately the same position. I'll look for that pic...
            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Another question on that Meopta K-Dot scope. Do you see any shift in zero between 1X & 4X? I plan to do ammo accuracy testing & zeroing from the bench with a Caldwell Lead Sled to minimize human variability, and doing those things in 4X would further minimize it. Of course the "grab & go" state would be in 1X as would most of my practice.

Comment

• I have never detected any shift, but then again, I have never shot it from a lead sled...
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  Negative, ghostrider. If you want to disagree, post up some stats or pics. I have both, and have a picture somewhere of the two rifles propped up next to each other with the receivers in approximately the same position. I'll look for that pic...
                  Hmmm.... The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than the A1 stock. My measurements show the A2 stock to be 1/2" longer than the M4 stock.

Pics. The receivers are perfectly aligned. The angle of the picture makes them look slightly off.

Comment

• Well, got my shorty fixed skeleton stock in the mail today from Bushmaster... *sigh* Really wish my department allowed expandable stocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      Hmmm.... The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than the A1 stock. My measurements show the A2 stock to be 1/2" longer than the M4 stock.

Pics. The receivers are perfectly aligned. The angle of the picture makes them look slightly off.

That's it? Just 5/8"?? I could have sworn the A1 stock was shorter than that. Ok, just goes to show everyone can learn new things!
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Got it (the Colt - no new word on the CMMG upper).

Hopefully the scope & mount appear in this afternoon's UPS run, and the weather dries up by tomrrow afternoon. Otherwise I can't shoot it until next week due to a weekend road trip.

EDIT: UPS brought all the goodies I ordered for it today except the tritium front sight post. Kinda like Christmas in July

To top it all off, the nice folks at LaRue Tactical threw in a bottle of barbecue rub, gratis. And a ball cap, but that's not as unusual as the rub. And a "beverage entry tool". Plus a card that says there is a one month return policy on stuff they make and two weeks on other people's stuff they sell. So, I guess if I got the wrong scope mount it won't be a problem.

Looks like a long soaking rain, though... Oh well, lots of stuff to do cleaning & lubing & putting the rig together. Try to post a pic when I'm done...
                        Last edited by Barnacle Bill; 07-22-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Just ordered my Aimpoint T1. Will I be happy with it?
                          Last edited by mill1ion; 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: Changed question.

Comment

• You will love your Aimpoint. They make quality equipment and I'm sure you'll have no problem setting it up.

Personally, I like Larue mounts for my Aimpoints. I've only got 3 but each one was well worth the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
                              To top it all off, the nice folks at LaRue Tactical threw in a bottle of barbecue rub, gratis. And a ball cap, but that's not as unusual as the rub. And a "beverage entry tool". Plus a card that says there is a one month return policy on stuff they make and two weeks on other people's stuff they sell. So, I guess if I got the wrong scope mount it won't be a problem.

My wife has accused me of buying Larue stuff just to get the Dillo Dust rub--it's great on pork chops and chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by bandscar View Post
                                My wife has accused me of buying Larue stuff just to get the Dillo Dust rub--it's great on pork chops and chicken
                                I was thinking beer can chicken as soon as I saw it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3993 users online. 195 members and 3798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X